cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

left my rift facing the window

reefy86
Adventurer
i decided to redecorate my livingroom so instead of putting the rift back in the box i put it upstairs in the spare bedroom  on the table but my girlfriend placed  it facing the window without me knowing so for a week my rift has been facing the sun and as soon as i seen it my heart stopped beating as i knew damage would have happened. anyways i fired it up and there is a red/blue line in the screen towards the bottom, you forget its there once playing games but i hate  the fact that its there. is there anything i can do?
9 REPLIES 9

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sadly i think you are stuck with it unless your household insurance covers accidental breakage and the like mate ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
You could get a new girlfriend as punishment to her!

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
I second @ Techy111, check your home insurance/umbrella policies or renter's insurance if applicable. 600$ isn't something that companies would care too much about to replace if covered (as in they won't ask too many questions 😉 )
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

elboffor
Consultant
Record a video of you crying like a little bitch and begging for a replacement. Send it to support.
They will do one of three things!

Worth a shot.
Worst case scenario is your misses clearly owes you another headset.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

DarkTenka
Trustee
I mean, don't you now have leverage to make her do something cool?

elboffor
Consultant

KillCard said:

I mean, don't you now have leverage to make her do something cool?

Such as buy him another rift and all the additional sensors required ???
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Ask Oculus, if they would be willing to fix it and how much? After all who is more qualified?
I got curious once how it looks like taken apart and in the photos it didn't look like something I'd wanna mess with too much myself.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Accidentally leave her favorite pair of shoes soaking in Bleach?  :#

reefy86
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

Accidentally leave her favorite pair of shoes soaking in Bleach?  :#

i wouldn't dare lol