cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't index finger point with left touch controller

zCatalyst
Explorer
I can't seem to use my index finger to point with my left touch controller, it doesn't seemed to work/detect. Not sure if it's a software or a hardware issue.
I have tried:
Reinstalling Oculus Software
Changing the batteries

Nothing seemed to work i just got the controllers few days ago.

Attached my diagnostic files.

Any help would be appreciated thanks alot.
264 REPLIES 264

Anderas
Protege
Both controllers work great when I play Arizona Sunshine.

Anderas
Protege
 😕 

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
Support is looking into this problem, i have a opened ticket... i confirm that playing dead and buried the gesture function is working fine, don´t have the arizona to do the testing, but looks it happen more using home and tutorial... i´ll be trying 1.15 beta home to see if it´s better

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
I´m trying 1.15 beta and it´s good for now, didn´t happend until now, support crew don´t have a clue about the problem using the submitted ticket... anyone have other updates about th issue?

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
Updating the post, now my left touch is failing in index and thumbs gesture... still not believing in hardware problem, what the odds of 2 touchs having problems within 15 days?

zCatalyst
Explorer
Wow, did expect so many people having the same problems as me.

Just an update i received a replacement from amazon and the same thing happened after 2 days and now the left touch controller is having the same issue.

And yes Dead and Buried seemed to work perfectly fine with my previous set and this current replacement set. 

Unfortunately Finger pointing gesture is needed for some application like "Facebook Spaces". 😞 I hope the devs can come up with a fix on this.

Kirshaw
Expert Protege

zCatalyst said:

Wow, did expect so many people having the same problems as me.

Just an update i received a replacement from amazon and the same thing happened after 2 days and now the left touch controller is having the same issue.

And yes Dead and Buried seemed to work perfectly fine with my previous set and this current replacement set. 

Unfortunately Finger pointing gesture is needed for some application like "Facebook Spaces". 😞 I hope the devs can come up with a fix on this.

One more reason to believe that´s software based problem... strangely for me it works like it you are pressing/touching a button that you are not, but when i press or touch another button it works like it have been unlocked and the gesture is available again... the results vary from my left and right touch, sometimes can´t make thumb up, some times index pointing, sometimes both!

Anderas
Protege
Hey guys!
Oculus support was looking into the problem, but in the meanwhile I got a new video card, new cpu and a new motherboard (gtx 1080, i7 7700k, asrock z270 extreme 6), then I did a clean install of windows 10 pro and installed only the essential drivers, but gestures still didn´t work, then I sent an e-mail with this new info to oculus support and they said that there was not much left to do and the best option was to get replacement Touch controllers.
So I told the seller about the situation and he asked me to send the controllers back to him (very friendly), then I bought new touch controllers from another seller.
These new ones are working perfectly. I hope they don´t stop working after a few days.
I really think that there are some hardware differences between controllers out there and they need some software implamentations in order to make them work properly. because if gestures were totally broken, they wouldn´t work with (dead and buried) and (Arizona sunshine) at all.

Anderas
Protege
bad news!  I can't point my index finger with the right controller. Déjà vu

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
2 users already replaced their touch and showing the same problem, we all have opened support ticket and the support don´t seems to know why... We should ask cyber or any other oculus team member to take this issue to the dev team!