cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't index finger point with left touch controller

zCatalyst
Explorer
I can't seem to use my index finger to point with my left touch controller, it doesn't seemed to work/detect. Not sure if it's a software or a hardware issue.
I have tried:
Reinstalling Oculus Software
Changing the batteries

Nothing seemed to work i just got the controllers few days ago.

Attached my diagnostic files.

Any help would be appreciated thanks alot.
264 REPLIES 264

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
I noticed it by end of april, don´t know if there was a change of the touch codes programming after that period... best course of action would be a march oculus home version rollback to test it

Anderas
Protege

Kirshaw said:

I noticed it by end of april, don´t know if there was a change of the touch codes programming after that period... best course of action would be a march oculus home version rollback to test it

I bought my touch controllers about 1 mouth ago just by the time yours started failing,
It´s not possible to rollback oculus home as far as I know, but it would be very interesting if oculus support could rollback it to us or got it available for downloading.

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
yeah i know, i mean maybe just for testing purposes

Anderas
Protege
well, Final Approach is another game that gestures work pretty well. The game doesn't support the thumbs gesture, only finger pointing, and it works with both controllers with no problems.

Anderas
Protege
Now I can only make the thumb gesture with the left controller. I hadn't used the Rift for 2 days.
" Pretty awesome"  :s

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
Mine started with right touch without making thumbs up, now left one can´t do index finger...

whatisusername
Honored Guest

Best thing to speak with us on the support ticket and see if replacement is an option. You can also post your LogGatherer logs here so I can take a look to. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...

Hi Cyber,
I've got the same problem. I can't point index finger with both controllers and can't thumb up. Here's the Log.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure if that's related to the controller issue, but it seems you have Rift connected to the wrong HDMI port. Be sure Rift is plugged into the primary dedicated GPU, and not the motherboard or any secondary cards. You should also update your video driver to latest. It probably wouldn't hurt to update USB drivers for your motherboard and/or try using different USB ports for Rift (USB 3.0 and 2.0 should both work).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

whatisusername
Honored Guest

I'm not sure if that's related to the controller issue, but it seems you have Rift connected to the wrong HDMI port. Be sure Rift is plugged into the primary dedicated GPU, and not the motherboard or any secondary cards. You should also update your video driver to latest. It probably wouldn't hurt to update USB drivers for your motherboard and/or try using different USB ports for Rift (USB 3.0 and 2.0 should both work).

I'm sure Rift is plugged into the primary dedicated GPU, and the video driver was updated to latest version. Is it possible be an OS problem? I test touch on another computer today. It works fine in win 7, but becomes weird after upgrading to win 10.

Anderas
Protege

I'm sure Rift is plugged into the primary dedicated GPU, and the video driver was updated to latest version. Is it possible be an OS problem? I test touch on another computer today. It works fine in win 7, but becomes weird after upgrading to win 10.

Do your controllers work fine with Dead and Buried?