cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Trek: Bridge Crew FAQ Thread

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone. Hope you’re enjoying Star Trek: Bridge Crew. If you have any problems, check here first:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679067-Known-Issues-May-30th-2017?p=12679782#post12679782

If you have an issue not listed in the above link, please ask here. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
52 REPLIES 52

LordQuake
Adventurer
@danknugz - You sit on the bridge, what you can do depends on which station role you are playing. Captain issues orders at the other three deciding the tactics for each mission. Helm moves the ship; thrusters, impulse and warp. Tactical scans other ships, fires Phasers, and torpedoes. Engineering manages the ships systems and repairs any that are damaged. Its all put together so you have to cooperate and work as a team and you generally have to say "Aye Aye Captain" a lot or "I'm giving her all she's got Captain" or if playing as Klingon "that's illogical Captain". The missions have a certain formula and set path which means that various tactics will achieve the outcome with greater or lesser degrees but you wont be able to do everything you want. Choices have to be made which may result in the deaths of fellow federation civilians or damage to the ship. You can play on your own but issuing orders to the AI stations is incredibly tedious and no fun compared to playing with 3 other Rifters / Vive'ers - Tip: try to exclude all the PSVR noobs from your games, in my experience so far none of them use headsets so their mic feedback is annoying with a ton of background noise which mostly seems to be a clutch of east end Chavs in some heated argument, or maybe that's just how they always sound, they don't seem to understand nor be able to spell the word feedback and are generally best avoided.
Its a good game and while there are only 5 campaign missions its supposed to be around 8 hours, there are then procedurally generated random missions that follow the same formula and in these you can choose the bridge of the Enterprise NCC1701 to fly. Before doing any missions you really need to complete the training for each station you intend to play. Do Captain training last as its 3 times longer than the others.
Unless other game modes are offered I can see it getting old quickly, the missions are too "samey" - seen one seen them all. If any other games are planned for this universe lets have free movement around key parts of the ship using the turbo lift, away missions to other ships or planets using the transporter room and use of the shuttle bay. There is so much they could have done, what they have done is an acceptable attempt for the time being.
Is it as good as Onward? - Not a chance.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
" or if playing as Klingon "that's illogical Captain". ....errrm ...don't you mean Vulcan ?....just sayin !

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
@Stryker1000 - Yeah, my trekkie panties got in a wad about that, too, but I held my tongue. 🙂

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
id only play if I could play ....as FKN TRIBBLE !!!!

danknugz
Superstar
cool, im a big fan of the star trek TNG pinball machine
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only 5 missions in the campaign? Kinda glad the third one is taking me so long to get through then LOL.

Bagnet
Expert Protege
My main Question is why in the hell are they getting the CPU to do graphics! Its like getting the sound card to Mine Bitcoins. My CPU is quite old so i can only run on low. My graphics card is 1070 and could handle anything this game is throwing at it with no issues at all. Its bloody illogical! Why do i need a new I7 for graphics when i have a new Graphics card. Its not like its masses of physics that are added.. just some particle effects etc.. which the card is designed to handle!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bagnet said:

My main Question is why in the hell are they getting the CPU to do graphics! Its like getting the sound card to Mine Bitcoins. My CPU is quite old so i can only run on low. My graphics card is 1070 and could handle anything this game is throwing at it with no issues at all. Its bloody illogical! Why do i need a new I7 for graphics when i have a new Graphics card. Its not like its masses of physics that are added.. just some particle effects etc.. which the card is designed to handle!

Agreed, I have an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW that is nowhere near being fully utilized for this game. 

LordQuake
Adventurer
@Stryker1000 - Klingon, Vulcan is there really a difference? lol

LordQuake
Adventurer
@Bagnet - Soundcards don't mine Bitcoins? then why did I buy six of them to speed up the process? Next you'll be telling us that my mouse doesn't connect me to the Interweb thing.