cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

Sterling77
Rising Star
On the Marmoset subject - i noticed that marmoset 2 supports DK1 viewing - SBS realtime render, does anyone know how to get it working on the CV1 - or how to push a display to the CV1 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MattHickman Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this but when I was doing my last sculpt I noticed some strange 'scaring' on a default stamp, even through the middle on the stamp. Luckily I've caught it on video for you! 

https://youtu.be/O887saUE_B4?t=52s
When i first put the stamp down at 0:55 you can see scaring on the sides, then when I use flatten tool you can see it in the inside at 1:13. This is the first time I've seen this happen so not sure if it's just that one stamp or a new bug.

Sterling77
Rising Star
Normals of the original stamp 

MattHickman
Rising Star
Yup, sorry @FrozenPea that's in the stamp, we'll fix it in an upcoming patch.

Sterling77
Rising Star

So there a couple of things. Please other people add to the list. Not spook the Horses, but a PRO version paid update would be fine with me to produce I higher end Medium for production - medium is already efficient for production but the added feature list would mature the app. 

01 - Can you lock the mirror down, or recenter it back to the model previous. 
02 - Extra lighting would be cool. 
03 - Transparent shader would be epic. 
04 - Can you move the VR recorded avatar person closer to the center or is it always over to the right. 
05 - With resolution is there a option to subdivide - i guess its difficult as medium uses a VDB type voxel config. 
06 - Custom HDR backgrounds would be great.
07 - Do you think its possible to create a desktop helper app for import and export from medium - this could include a GOZ native to Zbrush and other export options. 
08 - Why are the folders and exports locked in medium on Win7 is there a way to unlock them. 
09 - Can you make the reference image transparent for sketchout and model making 
10 - Added option for the line tool to have a A to B system - ie click A start point to B end point 
11 - Native import of TiltBrush sketches and Quill 
12 - Can you tell the at Quill to add a Mirror feature - again for concepting would be insane. 
13 - How is the ram allocated to resolution, is it Graphics Card ram thats holding the model or System ram - ie when Up-ressing the model there is a point where it gets heavy - would increasing System ram help or is it GCard ram ? 
14 - Where is 0 in the medium world space ? is it in the center of the grid or from the menu >Recenter< the reason i ask is that on export to Zbrush the model needs to be adjusted to 0 point. 
15 - Export of Ambient Occlusion maps would also be great. 
16 - Masking = epic lol 🙂 
17 - MOVE tool !! this should be the most requested 

Thankyou

18 - Snap gizmo translate and rotate - and the ability to keep it all in the mirror position. 
19 - Passive Paint Stencils - ( I have an idea I will try lol ) 
20 - A geometry Layer system - import and .obj to medium and keep an efficient decimation of the imported object / geo - The reason this would be helpful is, if your moving models back and forth from medium to Zbrush - medium dumps the model out as a decimated conversion - so bringing it back in as a stamp losses detail. having a Geo Layer would be really helpful and adding SDF type sculpts to this on a sister layer would also work really well.
21 - Toon shader / Contour Shader ( if possible ) 
22 - Maybe for the future a sticky joint system just like spore creature creator. Im sure they are using a voxel style dynamic geo type system. 
23 -  Video resolution presets and photo presets - maybe a polaroid based setup where medium has a in scene polaroid camera and the image spits out the camera lol - and to upload this to a gallery you could pin it in scene to a medium corkboard 🙂 

Cheers 

shannon
Explorer
I love medium and I want to use it more and more for production work.  Importing stamps is great but it would be game changing to import reference geometry.  Of course I would love a million other things (more snapping tools, custom paint brushes, texture layers) but being able to import low poly blocking geometry would be immediately useful.

MattHickman
Rising Star
Wanted to pop in to make a quick note: Those of you who have followed us for a while know we don't really like to talk in specifics about what we're working on. A lot of it is experimentation and we're not sure it's going to work until it's near release and the last thing we want to do is make y'all feel like we've promised something we can't or don't deliver.

But you all should know we're actively working on many of the things on the lists you are all posting here and we do take the feedback we get here, reddit, FB, etc. quite seriously.

We're a relatively small team so it's all about gauging demand, weighing the cost (in time), and grouping like work to be as efficient as possible. Keep posting your work, sharing, giving us feedback, teaching us how to use Medium in new ways and we'll keep adding, tuning and refining it!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@MattHickman - From where I'm sitting, you guys are doing a stand up job. I finished off a sculpt tonight that I was really stoked with and it wouldn't have even been technically possible with V1.0 Everything you've added so far is by popular request and yeah, there's a ton of unanswered popular requests and I've no doubt I'll be doing shit by the time they do get answered that's light years ahead of what can be done now. Can't wait!

Oh, and gimme alphas. Pretty please? Cherry, on top, gravy, all the trimmings? If paint is easier then do that first?

Sterling77
Rising Star
@MattHickman, You guys should be proud - Medium is the leading edge for VR sculpting. Thank you for what you have done. Interestingly as the app becomes more and more popular the requests roll in. I'm patient to see where you guys go with it. 

shannon
Explorer
What @Sterling77 said!  What a great piece of software to be working on.  If Oculus / Facebook is foward thinking they'll figure out Medium is the killer app for VR.  They should rain money on your team for more head count.