cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium Keeps On Crashing When I Try And Launch It!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is driving me mental. Whenever I try and start Medium I get an error message telling me that Medium has crashed.

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Oculus Home and still no dice.

Anyone got any ideas please..?
14 REPLIES 14

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Great to hear. 🙂

On that note, they probably need to improve exception handling somewhere in or around their file loading code. There's obviously a code path that leads to a nondescript exit.

giancarlo452
Honored Guest
I tried this but was not able to resolve the issue. what else could I do ?

giancarlo452
Honored Guest
I rename the folder and try to re launch  medium but it crashes again. then I look at the asset file and it automatically creates another folder name medium.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I rename the folder and try to re launch  medium but it crashes again. then I look at the asset file and it automatically creates another folder name medium.

Well that's odd. Look like you're not having the same problem I was having then. Maybe @cybereality can help..?

Maybe you could try checking your hard drive for errors, uninstalling and then reinstalling it or maybe try uninstalling Oculus Home and reinstalling it..?

Roswald
Explorer
on another note, sometimes the preference files for Medium go bad and crash you on start. if you delete those Medium will make new ones. here is the default path to those files, just delete them and start Medium.

C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\Medium\Preferences