cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between VR mode and non-VR mode is not supported?

og9269
Explorer
nj5c9n9vb2ee.png
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/enable-vr-with-scripting.333497/
According to Unity Tech. switching from non-VR to VR mode is not possible. Could there be any possible way to figure this?

My app has a lot of resource to download but GearVR app only turns on when the phone is attached to GearVR and someone's putting it on. It's really wasting and annoying to put on the headset and just wait for resource download scene. I also can't get authentication through webview. Please help :'(
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, this is not currently supported. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

og9269
Explorer
I guess I have to find another way then. Thank you for answering!

jaggs83
Explorer
Is there another alternative for this ? We are facing the same challenge where we need to download asset bundles.
Also, the Authentication happens in web view which doesn't work in gear vr, but works in native ios/android apps. Any help in this regard is appreciated

louisdw
Honored Guest
I'm looking for an alternative too. Any help would be appreciated.

infinite360vr
Explorer

No, this is not currently supported. Sorry.

Any plans of supporting it in near future?

ArthurFox
Honored Guest
Bumping this thread and asking the same question as above - is support for switching in and out of VR mode in the roadmap for the GearVR at all?

taguados
Honored Guest
Still no plans to support this? It would be great!

StaRky_FR
Protege
Another update? still nothing years later?

The sadest part is that my application will need this and I'll just have to go to the competitors for it to work quickly.

Is there any strong reason keeping you from doing this ?

christheobaldis
Honored Guest
Updates?