cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden tracking problem, all games unplayable, loosing hope

Powerus
Protege
I used to play with my 2 sensors in USB2.0 but I wanted more precision for onward for example.
So I bought and installed the recommended card and plugged the sata power and all. It even has its own SATA cable in its own socked on my power supply.

Since that moment. Everything is f****d up. When my touch are completely still (even on table) they move. 
Sync is even completely lost sometimes like if the sensor disconnected, happens on both.

Even the headset tracking is completely lost. On racing simulators imagine being completely still and having your virtual head moving around in space, even slightly: vomit.

What is the problem? I don't want to go back to USB2.0 because I paid the damned thing.

My config:
Windows 10
intel 7700k
gtx 1080
16GB ram
SSD

Fresco logic driver version: 3.6.9.0

Should I uninstall my other USB drivers like intel 3.0? Is it possible that the card is using the wrong drivers?

EDIT:
I tried:
Changing affinity of ovrserver to cores 6 and 7 like some people said.
I tried resetting my position and height and sensors position.
Deleted the drivers. I'm now on Microsoft version 10.0.14393.0 drivers and same problem. Unplayable in every game.
Terrible worthless tracking of the touch controllers and not accurate head tracking.

I made a video of it in Onward but it's the same even in oculus home, my touchs are moving even when still on a table.
In onward they are attached to a VR stock so they are even more still.
When you see my gun moving in every direction and even away from me, remember that i'm not moving at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQiDw3U0prE&feature=youtu.be

EDIT2:
OK just plugged everything in USB2.0 just like I was playing for months before buying the Inateck card.
It's worse! Everything like in the video but worse. My hands are teleporting everywhere in home and my head is jumping too and moving around.
It's not working anymore  ='(
Maybe something else like an update happened exactly when I installed the card but I wouldn't know.
Please help! That's horrible I can't play anymore.  ='(

EDIT3:
I give up. I've tried everything. Even splitting my 2 sensors and the rift on 3 different usb hosts.
The best result is rift+1 sensor on the inateck and 1 sensor on front USB2.0

The result is a lot less spectacular than my first video but still unplayable.
I guess I'll have to leave the rift and go play other games. I won't have time to investigate more this week.

Just so you know I also tried to play in complete darkness even with the tv off.
And I replaced the battery of each touch just to be sure.

That's a shame to leave it on the shelf considering how well it was working just a few days ago. Look this shitty video of me enjoying the same game with same hardware and same place just one week ago...
Maybe something in my rift or sensors just fried?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTPklcIk0c
33 REPLIES 33

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star

Try disabling Game Mode in Windows if that is on it can cause issues.

I don't have the mode in Windows 10?
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

lepter
Protege

Powerus said:

OK it did not fix it. 
I experienced left hand drifting away as soon as I turned on the controllers. 
Interesting because I used to have right or both but it's the first time with only left.

I'm in relation with the support staff and I used the log tool like they told me.
I get many MANY 
[Kernel:Error] Image did not pass the sanity test!  Throwing it away (camera possibly in a bad state)

One every 2 seconds or even more. I can't imagine this being normal. I'm waiting for their answer.

Ok....does your rift work ok on your mates pc?
If yes...its not your rift.

What's your power supply? Could that be faulty?

Try without extension cables......I had a nightmare using them, 

Try with 1 sensor

Did you pull the usb card and try with old setup.. (you probably did but just checking)

Pull other usb devices that you can.

When did you last do a windows install?

All things I would think about if you haven't already.

Hope ya get it sorted.

Powerus
Protege
I don't know anyone with a PC good enough for VR even just for trying.

I did not remove the inateck card. I don't want to.

My power supply is not faulty, have been tested at full load and PC is not that young (few months)

With 1 sensor it's working perfectly, at least only the headset. Anyway I noticed that with touch controllers OFF there is no tracking problem.

I stayed 5 minutes doing nothing in home with both controllers OFF and the tracking was perfect. 
Turned on 1 touch and it was still OK for 5min
Turned on the second one and it was HELL again.

I tried starting from left touch or right and it's the same. The only thing that matters is when I start the second controller.

I told that to the support but never on this thread sry

Powerus
Protege
Installed my 3rd sensor today. Made the most perfect 3 sensor setup with the pdf tutorial.
Same problem.
Not better, not worse. Just the same problem with right hand drifting and head bouncing up sometimes.

Oculus are telling me to do a fresh install of windows 10 (this one is 1 and a half month old but anyway)

I have 0 hope that a fresher install will fix my problem but I'll do it anyway on a spare and empty HDD this weekend.

If the problem is related to hardware I'll have to wait 5 years for it and sell my oculus. I make a new PC every 5 years and this one is new.

EliteSPA
Superstar

Powerus said:

Installed my 3rd sensor today. Made the most perfect 3 sensor setup with the pdf tutorial.
Same problem.
Not better, not worse. Just the same problem with right hand drifting and head bouncing up sometimes.

Oculus are telling me to do a fresh install of windows 10 (this one is 1 and a half month old but anyway)

I have 0 hope that a fresher install will fix my problem but I'll do it anyway on a spare and empty HDD this weekend.

If the problem is related to hardware I'll have to wait 5 years for it and sell my oculus. I make a new PC every 5 years and this one is new.

Where are you sensor placed? are you using any extension cables? Remember 1 & 2 sensor= usb 3.0 / 3rd=usb 2.0
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Powerus
Protege
Perfect 3 sensor setup.
Exactly like on the picture. I used the cable that came with the third sensor and plugged it in a 2.0 slot.

Exactly 2.5m between front sensors, view perpendicular from wall (watching directly in front) and the third one is 3.5m in front of the right sensor, facing the middle of the play area.

I can read.

falken76
Expert Consultant
You haven't answered the question asked earlier, did your rift work fine on your friends PC when you took it over there?

gutang
Protege
I have the same problem. Everything ran perfectly for a couple months and then suddenly one day just shit performance and tracking. Ive done everything short of a compete rebuild

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
I would remove that inateck card and try without it.  The card could be faulty.  
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please upload your LogGatherer zip file:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...

Also, feel free to submit a support ticket in case of any issue. It's possible the problem is hardware related.
https://tickets.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV