cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arktika.1 - Release Day - 10/10/2017

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hi there, really excited for this game, is anyone else waiting for this game too? And do we know a release date, price, game mechanics etc?

Thanks in advance.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
146 REPLIES 146

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
I cant get into teleportation lately, after being fully submerged into dead effect 2 and wow almost 80 hours on Pavlov VR. I was really looking forward to arktika 1 and have mentioned in the past that I will be buying it as soon as it drops. I hope this late late release is because they will explore a full locomotion. I can dream can't I? Ugh I so hope it wont be teleportation but will buy regardless. Mages tale was such shit I haven't seen a more poorly locomotion attempt, I kinda feel like node teleportation would have been better; really wish I could get my money back for mage's tale.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This game looks fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLkvbAFIOJc

This will definitely be on my list. I prefer free movement but Teleportation is easy enough to perform so I won't let misplaced "gamer ideals" prevent me from a quality VR experience. Afterall, games like Call of the Starseed and Robo Recall are amazing experiences based on Teleportation movement.

Maybe the dev's will update Arktika with locomotion, but if not, oh well who cares. Learn to adjust or move along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-rQzgWNgjc

This game looks VERY polished.

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
Good point Zenbane RoboRecall was awesome. You kinda got my hopes up again for this title. TY sir!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

n3cr0-0 said:

Good point Zenbane RoboRecall was awesome. You kinda got my hopes up again for this title. TY sir!

I do hope the dev's will give people the free locomotion option, but it would be a shame to let these types of games pass us by simply because one single feature isn't "ideal" right? For me personally, my best gaming moments in VR have come from Teleportation-based games. It's not like I just loooovve me some Teleportation (lol), it merely seems as if, for some reason, the developers making VR games put more heart n' soul in to the titles that focus on Teleportation.

Perhaps it is just a coincidence, but some of my most memorable experiences involve Teleportation-based titles:
  • Farlands
  • Call of the Starseed
  • Robo Recall

Of course, I can talk all day about my free-movement favorites, such as Eve Valkyrie, Elite Dangerous, Albino Lullaby, Robinson the Journey, Obduction; to name a few. I love them all in their unique snowflake way. But there was just something about those Teleportation games that stuck in my mind not only during the gameplay... but long after.

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
The longest game that stuck with me was edge of nowhere, but the free locomotion of Pavlov just has me daydreaming about on how I can become better. This is why I use this game so much in example of what free locomotion should be.

When you can straight up stab someone online up the asshole with your knife you get a sensation of realistic dominance. (omg what have I become >.< ) LOL

EDIT **Yes edge of nowhere was free locomotion but 3rd person***

nrosko
Superstar

Zenbane said:

This game looks fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLkvbAFIOJc

This will definitely be on my list. I prefer free movement but Teleportation is easy enough to perform so I won't let misplaced "gamer ideals" prevent me from a quality VR experience. Afterall, games like Call of the Starseed and Robo Recall are amazing experiences based on Teleportation movement.

Maybe the dev's will update Arktika with locomotion, but if not, oh well who cares. Learn to adjust or move along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-rQzgWNgjc

This game looks VERY polished.

Zenbane in 'this vr game is going to be amazing' shocker 😄 whatever they are paying you it is not enough. 

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
nooope this game does look fricken amazing I been daydreaming about arktika 1 for a long long time

pyroth309
Visionary
Yea same here on the dreaming about it. 4A games makes quality stuff. I have no doubt it will be epic. 

pyroth309
Visionary

n3cr0-0 said:

I cant get into teleportation lately, after being fully submerged into dead effect 2 and wow almost 80 hours on Pavlov VR. I was really looking forward to arktika 1 and have mentioned in the past that I will be buying it as soon as it drops. I hope this late late release is because they will explore a full locomotion. I can dream can't I? Ugh I so hope it wont be teleportation but will buy regardless. Mages tale was such shit I haven't seen a more poorly locomotion attempt, I kinda feel like node teleportation would have been better; really wish I could get my money back for mage's tale.

The teleportation in mage's tale can be pretty frustrating when trying to make minor movement but, I found the game to be worth the hassle. There's so many secrets throughout the game and it was entertaining trying to find them. (Some are hilarious)

When I needed to make minor adjustments I used the fast teleport instead of the quick hopping one and it seemed to work better. 

n3cr0-0
Adventurer

pyroth309 said:

The teleportation in mage's tale can be pretty frustrating when trying to make minor movement but, I found the game to be worth the hassle. There's so many secrets throughout the game and it was entertaining trying to find them. (Some are hilarious)

When I needed to make minor adjustments I used the fast teleport instead of the quick hopping one and it seemed to work better. 

Yeah I found the one step motion to be horrid. I dunno I see a ton of reviews that people say they love it but I simply hate it. The story to me isn't that interesting and the teleportation is blah. I use the long distance teleport mostly but in a battle I use the one step (I really dislike the one step).

Thanks for your input though, trying to make my 40 bucks spent worth something, but I just cannot get into that game.