cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Can I Do if I Purchased A Rift Before the Promo Sale?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
A number of people will no doubt be feeling a little annoyed having previously paid $600 for the Oculus Rift+Touch combo before the price dropped to $399 in the Summer Promo.  There are several posts/discussions regarding this very topic (some more serious than others). Firstly, I think it's wrong to dismiss these concerns especially from those who purchased the Rift more recently. To be frank, it sucks. Why? Well although it's fair to suggest you can still enjoy the product you paid for, at the price you agreed at the time, the $200 difference isn't small change for a lot of people. Now obviously, if you purchased your Rift months ago then really you've got no real right to complain as you've had months of usage. However, if you have purchased more recently then it must be quite hard to take in. I think anyone with an ounce of compassion  can empathize with that especially as the sale came out of the blue (unlike Black Friday sales which are predetermined dates consumers can prepare for).  The amount of the price drop is also what is making it hard to take in no doubt (if it was only $50 then it wouldn't be so bad right?).

This is a general what to do post, but the reality is there are two types of consumer situations here.

1) You are happy with your Rift for the price you initially paid, have used it and want to keep it but feel disappointed the sale price came just after your purchase so are looking for some form of rebate as a good will gesture. 

2) You were happy with your Rift for the price you paid initially which you may or may not have used, but after seeing a new lower sale price rather than keep it, prefer to take advantage of a loophole in consumer law, send it back to the retailer (even though there is nothing wrong with the item), be refunded so you can repurchase the exact same item again at the new lower price and pocket the difference.

So, what can you do?

Firstly, if you purchased your Rift directly from Oculus, then be aware they are under no obligation to offer you anything if 30 days have passed since purchase. They are under no obligation to refund you difference either if you plan on keeping the item.  Now you could decide to return your Rift, if you are within the 30 day period from purchase and get a refund then buy it again from another retailer (or even Oculus if they allow) although you will incur shipping costs which are non refundable. You have the choice to do that even if it could be seen as taking advantage of your rights. However, if it has been extensively used or beyond 30 days since purchased then unless it's faulty, it's not so easy being able to just return it and hope for a full refund. Here is the Oculus returns policy. With regards to used items it's a bit of a grey area depending on what country you are from. In the EU for example for online sales only you can return items within 14 days from receipt used or otherwise. Up to 30 days you can return unused items for a full refund. After that period you have no return rights unless the item is faulty. If you have purchased from a store, then usually there is lesser time window for returns and they will not accept used returns although this will vary from each store.

How do I cancel or return my unused Oculus device for a refund?

Your Order Hasn’t Shipped:

If you pre-order an Oculus device that hasn’t been released yet or your order hasn’t shipped due to a payment problem, you can contact Oculus Support to cancel your order.

Your Order Has Shipped:

If you buy an Oculus device that’s currently available from the Oculus Store, you won’t be able to cancel your order once it ships. If you still don’t want your Oculus device after you receive it, you can contact Oculus Support to return it unused for a refund.

Keep the following things in mind if you return your unused Oculus device for a refund:

• We’ll issue a refund for unused Oculus devices returned within 30 days from when your order shipped
  • You’ll receive a refund to your payment method once your Oculus device has been returned and inspected
  • Shipping fees are non-refundable
Note: If you bought your Oculus device from a retail store, you’ll need to visit the store you bought it from to request a refund.

What else can you do?

Well,customers being annoyed at price drops or sales after they have purchased an item is actually quite a common occurrence  in retail and companies are usually fully aware that customers feel a little upset, so it's not unusual for them to offer some form of compensation, especially if you want to keep the product. In this instance, what you should do is contact  Oculus support and raise a ticket or if you purchased from another retailer, email or contact them and ask (politely) if they would be willing to offer a refund of the difference. Depending on how much time has passed since purchase, some stores will be legally obliged to refund you if you are returning the product, if a longer period has passed or you're keeping the item then they might offer the difference or part of as a goodwill gesture. Others might refuse point blank if there is no legal obligation (but at least you tried). Oculus might possibly offer store credit (on a case-by-case basis) which is great for any future purchases, that more often than not you're likely to have spent cash on anyway.  For those asking after 30 days have passed if you don't ask, then you don't get and if you're refused then at least you have tried something. 

In the event that more than four weeks have passed prior to the Summer sale when you purchased the Rift it's highly unlikely you'll be offered anything. But, don't let that deter you, at least try as you have nothing to lose by asking. If you are persistent you could try escalating your case to a more senior member of staff by requesting to  have it looked at by a manager.  Some retailers might play ball or offer you something of lesser value depending on your circumstances.

The key point here though in any correspondence you have with a company in this scenario is to be polite and don't present yourself like they owe you (especially if you are outside any legal obligations).  As far as Oculus support is concerned, they are likely to be inundated with requests at the moment  which means their response times are slower than normal. So exercising some patience is key here.

Good Luck.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
113 REPLIES 113

kojack
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

what you should do is contact  Oculus support and raise a ticket or if you purchased from another retailer, email or contact them and ask (politely) if they would be willing to offer a refund of the difference.

This should just be a big 'ol STICKY atop the forum. If Oculus Support has enough Tickets in their queue asking for some sort of refund, then they will likely respond in a way that appeases folks.

Whining on a forum or complaining over Social Media probably won't accomplish much. And even if online whining did manage to get you what you want... it is the embarrassing route to take. It's kinda like crapping yourself in public just to get a free pair of pants, na' mean?

Yep, and move all similar threads into 1 - i think this could go on for a while.

I don't believe the forum has the ability to merge threads. At least moderators can't do it, maybe cyber can.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

moheban79
Honored Guest
Well I think Oculus should offer a free game or something to people who paid full price in last 90 days or something. I myself got 10 percent off from best buy so doesn't hurt as much just stings..

Thanks

Kratuln
Explorer
I ordered mine a working day before the sale. I even had support get in contact with me regarding an order issue which they instantly helped me with and processed the order. On top of that when I stressed I wanted to RMA the product to make the difference I was specifically told to ACCEPT THE PACKAGE which meant I had to pay any additional courier fees for an RMA instead of having it freely sent back to the Oculus Warehouse. I'm pretty sure my case justifies as being in the extreme case of a good old "FU" to the customer.

I was offered Store Credit - while hearing numerous others saying they got to use their rift and they got a "price match" weeks after they got their rift from retailers - with no indication as to how much store credit I would get. I've been waiting two days now to hear how much they were offering me. TWO. DAYS. Not a single damn word since then.

Meanwhile my Oculus Rift is sitting unopened in it's shipping packaging on my couch for two days as I wait for a simple reply. All this is really annoying me. Any other retailer or company would offer a refund in the difference without hassle but Oculus are stiffing me here and dragging out this interaction for far too long. It'll be a week since the order went through which means it's a week of my two week RMA grace period I've been left waiting.

Unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. Worst experience I've ever come across in customer support to be waiting this long. There is no excuse for this kind of treatment what so ever. Even if it's a case of under staffed it's unacceptable.

I am so annoyed with this crap and I have never felt like a second rate customer until I had to deal with Oculus support being denied a simple price match and taking four days to sort out a simple issue with payment and then to be advised against my consumer rights in so far as being told to accept a package I expressed interest in RMAing for no reason at all.

Worst treatment I have EVER come across.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
@Kratuln Not sure why you feel the need to post the same thing again in this thread when you already made a thread about this issue. You did received a response (not via your ticket) but from Cybereality who apologized and informed you there was a delay from support due to high volumes at present. You accepted this yesterday.

cybereality said:
Really sorry for the delay. Usually we will respond within the same day, sometimes even with multiple back and forth responses. However, as you can imagine, we are under heavy ticket volume from the sale, so responses will take longer. Please be patient and I'm sure we can sort out your issue. Thanks.
Kratuln said:
Thanks for the attention here, Cybereality. As you can imagine, I really want to get this sorted out as soon as possible so I can finally enjoy my rift. It's sitting in it's packaging on my couch beside me as I type this. Painful.

Right, firstly let me remind you that when you purchase an item, stores are under no obligation to refund you if you then change your mind for whatever reason if the item is opened/used. Now yes in this day and age there are stores who offer a no quibble return if the item is unused or used and allow you to drop off or even collect from your address free of charge.  Oculus is one of them, however there are a few caveats. Here is their return policy which savvy consumers would have read before making any purchases.

How do I cancel or return my unused Oculus device for a refund?
Your Order Hasn’t Shipped
If you pre-order an Oculus device that hasn’t been released yet or your order hasn’t shipped due to a payment problem, you can contact Oculus Support to cancel your order.
Your Order Has Shipped
If you buy an Oculus device that’s currently available from the Oculus Store, you won’t be able to cancel your order once it ships. If you still don’t want your Oculus device after you receive it, you can contact Oculus Support to return it unused for a refund.
Keep the following things in mind if you return your unused Oculus device for a refund:

• We’ll issue a refund for unused Oculus devices returned within 30 days from when your order shipped
  • You’ll receive a refund to your payment method once your Oculus device has been returned and inspected
  • Shipping fees are non-refundable
Note: If you bought your Oculus device from a retail store, you’ll need to visit the store you bought it from to request a refund.

Not sure how much your shipping charges will be but I assume from what others have said around $50.  Now here's the thing and this is very important in your case. You have made no secret that the reason for return is not because you don't want the product and want your money back, but you want to take advantage of a new sale price and keep the product. As you point out, normally you would simply have refused delivery of the item but instead have been advised by support to accept because they know you want to keep the item. Refusing the delivery will have meant a likely delay in any refund processing.

Now support's suggestion is both a helpful and not helpful action depending on your stance. You do not suffer any delays with using your item once the issue is resolved - it's there in front of you ready to be used, in fact you could be using it now. If returned It could take weeks for the item to be inspected and then given the all-clear for the refund, then money back into your account. Then you would have to start the whole order process again which means a potential loss of using the item you wanted for some time until the new one arrived.

Support's suggestion saves you having to spend any more money on return shipping fees which are non refundable. Now what you could have done was suck up the $50 fees got the full refund, purchased again from Oculus or from another retailer and still been $150 better off than before. Or you could wait to see how much Store Credit you would be offered which I believe is around $200. 

You've been told by support you will receive store credit in your case, but your issue is do you want $150 cash in your pocket or $200 store credit and no delay in using your item. A choice only you can make.  Sadly, with your posting here though you have ignored most of the advice I've given in the first post.

The crux of the matter here is whether you lose $50 initially on return of the item and then gain $150 once you purchase again suffering some delay of use, or be offered $200 store credit which is a nice gain but tied to buying games on the store (something you're likely to do anyway over time).  

It has only been two days and you are acting like you are the centre of the universe just because you can't decide whether you want to gain $150 cash and wait or $200 store credit - "Worst treatment I have EVER come across."

You have not exercised any patience here and even after an apology has been given (which you accepted) and explanation of why there is a delay you continue to act entitled and now  rude as well into the mix.

Well played mate. 

SMH.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Kratuln
Explorer
Yes Shadowmask72, I do feel the need to post. Are you trying to suggest I shouldn't be allowed post simply because someone said there was a delay?

If they know I have a problem, I've been waiting two days(on top of the two days trying to address this issue) and they apologise for it shouldn't they be answering my support ticket instead of issuing a blanket apology for the delay? As I mentioned, my issue should have only taken five minutes to address or get back to me on. The fact it's taken two days(And counting) is beyond reproach. If there's a case where I'm not having my issue handled in an appropriate time frame you're right, I'm going to bring it up in the hopes that my issue is addressed as it should have been days ago(This should not have gone on for four days, it should have been addressed on the Monday and it would have been if they offered phone support or some kind of live chat support).

You've also got consumer rights completely and utterly wrong. I don't know if you're American and things are simply different there but in Europe we have consumer rights especially when ordering online deemed a "cooling off period." This isn't "entitlement" it's what's fair to the consumer and to safeguard against dodgy practices or your right to simply decline a contract or product you changed your mind on which is more than reasonable if you've never used the thing and it's in shape to be put straight back on store shelves.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_s...

Cooling-off period

You are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that you receive the goods. In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.

It's not an "act of obligation" it IS the law:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

14 days to cancel and return purchases made outside shops (online, by phone or mail order)

In the EU you have the right to return these purchases within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.

In Europe, if you decline a package you don't have to pay for the initial shipping fee if it's under the guise of RMAing the product, you do however have to pay for any fees after that initial shipping fee so being told to accept the package has resulted in me being defaulted to paying a hefty sum of money when I RMA where I normally shouldn't have to do that(In the case of simply declining the package on arrival). I had also expressed my desire to RMA days prior to receiving the package at which point I was specifically told to accept the package. This wasn't a case of me saying "I want to keep it." This was a case of me specifically stating "I would rather RMA than get store credit is there no way I could simply get money back instead of doing this?" I was also well within my rights to state I wanted an RMA and was going to decline the delivery but I was told not to do this(Which will incur shipping fees for me should I RMA).

No, supports suggestion has not been helpful. If I RMAed I could have waited a week or two for the refund. In that time frame I could have ordered another Rift, had that shipped out to me and paid much less for it.

As a whole, their response has been delayed by hours and in some instances delayed by days(Currently). I expressed my interest in RMAing and did not hide the reason for it however I am well within my rights to RMA for whatever reason or for no reason what so ever. To take advantage of a lower price? I'm completely in my rights as anyone else is to do that(Which is why you have "price matching" in the states). If I opened it and used it it would be a completely different matter altogether but that is not the case here especially considering I could have never have received the product(As I indicated before being told not to decline the order) and simply reordered and gotten a refund.

You've been told by support you will receive store credit in your case, but your issue is do you want $150 cash in your pocket or $200 store credit and no delay in using your item. A choice only you can make.  Sadly, with your posting here though you have ignored most of the advice I've given in the first post.

Where is this coming from? I have been given NO quotes on what I would be offered. I specifically stated I was NOT offered money back for my purchase, ONLY store credit which I have not been told how much I would get(After having asked two days ago!).

As to the fact of $150? It's €259 in price difference. You're damn right I'm going to RMA if they're offering me only €130 of the €259 I am entitled to should I RMA. Now, they've given me nothing to work with here. They have not stated any figure they would or could refund to me through my CC or through Store Credit but I would be unhappy with anything less than the €259 to put me in line with what everyone else who ordered paid. The fact you'd suggest someone be happy with half of what they should get is just mind boggling. I also would be incredibly unhappy if they insisted I pay shipping fees for an RMA after they specifically stated I should accept the package.

I sincerely hope, in my case, they offer me the full €259 or at the very least offer me free shipping on my RMA. This whole ordeal has been poorly handled and taken far too long. Any other company would have given it's customer the difference without issue.

ZubiFett
Protege
I think a month will be a fair time-frame.

I remember when I bought my MacBook Pro back in 2011 just before OS X Lion release, if I remember right, any purchased Mac within a monht prior to the release could upgrade for free.

In this case, it will be appropiate to do so because indeed it must be so very annoying.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Kratuln said:

Yes Shadowmask72, I do feel the need to post. Are you trying to suggest I shouldn't be allowed post simply because someone said there was a delay?

Not at all, except you've already posted your complaint publicly so why post the same thing again elsewhere on the forum? Also, that "someone" you refer to is actually part of the Oculus team and has some authority on the forum. It seems you've switched perspective from being a disgruntled customer to someone whose mission it is now to inform others about how "bad" Oculus are as a company.  So others don't make the same mistake you have.

If they know I have a problem, I've been waiting two days(on top of the two days trying to address this issue) and they apologise for it shouldn't they be answering my support ticket instead of issuing a blanket apology for the delay?

Of course, if you were the only person with a problem or were first in the queue. You seem to ignore there could be 1000s of other people who are ahead of you who need to be dealt with first.

As I mentioned, my issue should have only taken five minutes to address or get back to me on. The fact it's taken two days(And counting) is beyond reproach. If there's a case where I'm not having my issue handled in an appropriate time frame you're right, I'm going to bring it up in the hopes that my issue is addressed as it should have been days ago(This should not have gone on for four days, it should have been addressed on the Monday and it would have been if they offered phone support or some kind of live chat support).

I mentioned this in your other thread which you dismissed as my potential bias or skewed ethics. You have been spoiled by the likes of AMAZON and similar retailers who have massive resources to deal with millions of customers daily. You expect Oculus to be the same. You are assuming so much that they have the resources to deal with you in 5 minutes like AMAZON. If you knew anything about Oculus support (like us early adopters) then you would know it's a relatively small team of hard working monkeys.

You've also got consumer rights completely and utterly wrong. I don't know if you're American and things are simply different there but in Europe we have consumer rights especially when ordering online deemed a "cooling off period." This isn't "entitlement" it's what's fair to the consumer and to safeguard against dodgy practices or your right to simply decline a contract or product you changed your mind on which is more than reasonable if you've never used the thing and it's in shape to be put straight back on store shelves.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_s...

Cooling-off period

You are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that you receive the goods. In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.

It's not an "act of obligation" it IS the law:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

14 days to cancel and return purchases made outside shops (online, by phone or mail order)

In the EU you have the right to return these purchases within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.

No one is disputing your right to return the product (and no, I'm not American) that has never been in contention. But the shady practice of consumers abusing systems so they can get a better deal which is what is actually happening here. Something you've not made any secret of.  The 14 days to cancel law is not really meant for you to buy the exact same product again from the same store cheaper even if you're legally allowed to get away with it. Some retailers actually change their returns policy in scenarios like this to prevent people, like you taking advantage.

In Europe, if you decline a package you don't have to pay for the initial shipping fee if it's under the guise of RMAing the product, you do however have to pay for any fees after that initial shipping fee so being told to accept the package has resulted in me being defaulted to paying a hefty sum of money when I RMA where I normally shouldn't have to do that(In the case of simply declining the package on arrival). I had also expressed my desire to RMA days prior to receiving the package at which point I was specifically told to accept the package. This wasn't a case of me saying "I want to keep it." This was a case of me specifically stating "I would rather RMA than get store credit is there no way I could simply get money back instead of doing this?" I was also well within my rights to state I wanted an RMA and was going to decline the delivery but I was told not to do this(Which will incur shipping fees for me should I RMA).

No, supports suggestion has not been helpful. If I RMAed I could have waited a week or two for the refund. In that time frame I could have ordered another Rift, had that shipped out to me and paid much less for it.

As a whole, their response has been delayed by hours and in some instances delayed by days(Currently). I expressed my interest in RMAing and did not hide the reason for it however I am well within my rights to RMA for whatever reason or for no reason what so ever. To take advantage of a lower price? I'm completely in my rights as anyone else is to do that(Which is why you have "price matching" in the states). If I opened it and used it it would be a completely different matter altogether but that is not the case here especially considering I could have never have received the product(As I indicated before being told not to decline the order) and simply reordered and gotten a refund.

You've been told by support you will receive store credit in your case, but your issue is do you want $150 cash in your pocket or $200 store credit and no delay in using your item. A choice only you can make.  Sadly, with your posting here though you have ignored most of the advice I've given in the first post.

Where is this coming from? I have been given NO quotes on what I would be offered. I specifically stated I was NOT offered money back for my purchase, ONLY store credit which I have not been told how much I would get(After having asked two days ago!).

You mentioned that you were informed you would get store credit but you weren't told how much this would be - the basis of your entire complaint. Again, this is all about how much you are wanting in your pocket. $200 store credit or $150 extra cash once you repurchase the same item again at the reduced cost. Sure, my figures might be a little off but you get the point. 

As to the fact of $150? It's €259 in price difference. You're damn right I'm going to RMA if they're offering me only €130 of the €259 I am entitled to should I RMA. Now, they've given me nothing to work with here. They have not stated any figure they would or could refund to me through my CC or through Store Credit but I would be unhappy with anything less than the €259 to put me in line with what everyone else who ordered paid. The fact you'd suggest someone be happy with half of what they should get is just mind boggling. I also would be incredibly unhappy if they insisted I pay shipping fees for an RMA after they specifically stated I should accept the package.

I sincerely hope, in my case, they offer me the full €259 or at the very least offer me free shipping on my RMA. This whole ordeal has been poorly handled and taken far too long. Any other company would have given it's customer the difference without issue.

The bottom line is. Instead of complaining on a forum (which really doesn't help you at this juncture), you should be posting your comments to the support team via your raised ticket AND THEN BE PATIENT. They are under no obligation to respond to you in the 5 minutes you expect them to just because AMAZON does. If you have an official complaint then I'm sure there is a way you can post your grievances to whoever as well - maybe they will toss you in a free extra game for your trouble depending on how you conduct yourself - although if your posting here is anything to go by I would wager you won't get any favours. You could probably get rebated on the shipping fee if you returned the item and pushed them on this considering they advised you to accept the item.  Honestly though, you should then take your business elsewhere which is the sensible thing to do. Go to AMAZON to buy your Rift and maybe they will throw in a $100 gift voucher as well. 

Lastly, I do not work for Oculus or have any affiliation whatsoever, so why I am wasting my time dealing with your complaint is beyond me. My face is tired of this discussion*. So I will no longer respond to you in this thread. Please do not use this as an opportunity to chime in with the hopes of engaging me further or to get the last word. You've made yourself perfectly loud and clear and don't need to repeat yourself save sounding like a broken record.

Good luck and I assume things will work out for you if you remain calm and patient.

*bonus cookie if anyone gets the reference.

Kratuln
Explorer
I would constitute waiting four days as being patient, Shadowmask72. At this point patience is rightfully wearing thin. There's also no expectation to be answered in five minutes but there is within a day. I don't need to express how it's not right that you pay €708 on a product to be left waiting two days for an answer to something simple and then for the initial issue to go on for four whole days.

At this point I am understandably upset. No one would fault a person for expressing their dissatisfaction over waiting two days for a simple reply and a rather standard question being drawn out for so long. If you honestly think someone who finally complains after this amount of time is being "unreasonable" I just don't know what to tell you but I'm sure you know how I, and many others, feel about having an answer delayed by two days to the point it's stopping someone from either enjoying their product or being forced to wait in order to move on with their RMA.

The entire ordeal has been a huge inconvenience and left a sour taste in my mouth having experienced this not to mention prior to this I was singing the Oculus Rift's praise and merit of being a VR device worth buying over the likes of the HTC Vive. The last thing you want is people saying how bad support for a device is especially at this price. You never have to worry about this when paying €400+ on GPUs from the likes of EVGA, MSI or otherwise. They get everything sorted out and make it as painless as possible.

Also, what shady consumer practice? I contacted support a day before about a payment issue. Either they knew fully well there would be a sale a day before or they didn't and are showing zero remorse what so ever in how they treat a customer placed in that position. The only shadiness in this situation would be essentially lulling an unsuspecting consumer into paying more for a product than they should have. You need to get your priorities straight when you go on about this "entitled consumer" crap. It seems to be a running trend on these forums from a select few and it's very distasteful to witness.

You also did dispute my right to RMA a product and get a full refund. You specifically stated that Oculus were under no obligation to refund me or anyone else. And no, people do not change their returns policies because it's illegal to do otherwise. Perhaps in the US it's not but it is in the EU. Stop grasping at straws here and trying to talk crap about things you have no understanding of. I get that you've a bias perception of consumer rights(You run your own business? Close to those that do?) but that does not mean you're right and no business has had an issue with the laws set out by the EU to protect consumers since it was instituted.

Kratuln
Explorer
Not to mention this thread essentially amounts to you saying "If you're nice MAYBE you'll get half of what you're legally entitled to." It should not be stickied as it falsely lulls the consumer into believing they're lucky to get anything.

And yes, why are you wasting time complaining to me about my dissatisfaction of this issue and on top that going as far as to, essentially, say I'm wrong and lucky if I get anything? It's just shocking how anti-consumer these forums are especially in a situation like mine where I have done nor said anything wrong, been patient for four days now and, not that you know, have been extremely polite in my interaction with support(When the last time anything was done or said was two days ago -- of course I did update my ticket asking for an update yesterday).

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
lol Shadow - well I called it before the big Rift price cut:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/533231/#Comment_533231

Let's hope that the $399 sale doesn't last much longer :#