cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the latest bundle still come with Oculus Remote and XBox Controller?

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
Hi All,

One of my mates said they put the Rift+Touch bundle in his cart a few days ago and it listed the contents with "Xbox controller and remote". However when they went through with the purchase just yesterday they were no longer listed.

Can someone from Oculus confirm if the XBox One controller and Remote are still included in the latest bundle that is on sale?

Thanks
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
120 REPLIES 120

StrgAttractor
Honored Guest
in my chart it was included, but in the order now, it wasn't mentioned. the problem here is that it seems they change the content in existing purchases, although we have to wait the package to confirm or not. 

flexy123
Superstar
AFAIK there was only one situation/game (which was poorly made) where I needed the controller. ONCE. And ironically, the time when I needed it (and these two weeks before I had Touch)..I didn't even use the black included one, I find the old Xbox 360 controllers more comfortable and better to use. That XB360 controller literally just took up space in my junk drawer. (That being said, the additional wireless receiver, although it only worked with the XB360 controller, I mean it was a nice bonus...I used it for my media center PC since the other wireless controller is plugged in here).

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
100% agree. I rarely use my remote but it is handy to have for VR noobs. The XBox controller I used for Lucky's Tale, Chronos and a few other titles. It is not really required but if they change the bundle they should let us know as opposed to just tweak the website without notice.

As I said previously Microsoft got praised when the removed the Kinect from the bundle and dropped the price. They publicly said prior to changing their bundle what they were doing and everyone cheered from the rooftops. Sales went up and everyone was happy.

If they removed it from the bundle and didn't publicly explain that was one of the reasons they could drop the price. They will be called out for being shady or underhanded. Another totally avoidable PR fail.

Armchair PR expert here. It would be a no brainer to let people know if a bundle has changed rather than just tweak the website and hope nobody notices. People will notice when they start getting delivered.

Just an official word would be nice from an Oculus rep who must have seen this thread would be nice.

Is it in or out of the latest bundle?

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

RexiKexi
Honored Guest

Just an official word would be nice from an Oculus rep who must have seen this thread would be nice.

Is it in or out of the latest bundle?

I agree it's false advertisement, on my order I got all stuff then they Ninja removed it. 

flexy123
Superstar
The more scary to realize that NO.SINGLE.PERSON is actually confirming or debunking it...means there are tons of people who ordered but still waiting for delivery, right? Otherwise we would have people chiming in here and say whether it's included or not. Looks to me those people who got their new low price sets all got it from BB or A...so it's not clear what O. is actually shipping.

THAT BEING SAID...I always "complained" about the they even sold the Rift with the "stupid" controller...so I can't say that taking the controller out of the box and replacing it with Touch is a bad thing...it sure ain't.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just go and read reddit.com/r/oculus, nobody is mentioning anything missing. I feel you are trying to stire up fud in this thread and it's ridicolous. There is simply no reason it would be a different packaging and whoever in this thread said oculus support said so better prove it with a screenshot. Just stop f-ing lying to people.

kojack
MVP
MVP
The theory going around reddit that seems plausible is that the sale was to sell off the last stock of rifts that had the xbox controller. But they sold faster than expected (Oculus has a long history of underestimating sales).
Maybe after that there will be a new box design with touch and extra sensor included with the cv1 instead of as two separate packages.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
I just received my best buy bundle order and i have it ... 🙂

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer

kavange said:

Just go and read reddit.com/r/oculus, nobody is mentioning anything missing. I feel you are trying to stire up fud in this thread and it's ridicolous. There is simply no reason it would be a different packaging and whoever in this thread said oculus support said so better prove it with a screenshot. Just stop f-ing lying to people.

Not trying to stir up fud mate relax. All I would like is a confirmation if they are still included. Is that too hard to ask?

As I said in the original post a buyer noticed the list of items included in the bundle changed from one day to the next. Don't you think there should be an explanation why that happened?

The question can be answered with a single post from an Oculus rep. Case closed with a post.

If it's included still that is awesome. If it is not then new buyers should know that upfront so they can make a purchasing decision on whether it is included or not.

This is what the cart looks like now. See image from previous post what it used to look like

8wj8lzdtbub9.png

StrgAttractor
Honored Guest
Someone opened a ticked for asking and the answer was that is not included, but we don't know if the support people didn't know properly and only check the new description of the bundle. Also we don't know if he was talking to the new purchases or what happens with the previous orders with the ninja edit.
Mine was sent yesterday in the evening, so this Monday I will tell you...