cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the latest bundle still come with Oculus Remote and XBox Controller?

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
Hi All,

One of my mates said they put the Rift+Touch bundle in his cart a few days ago and it listed the contents with "Xbox controller and remote". However when they went through with the purchase just yesterday they were no longer listed.

Can someone from Oculus confirm if the XBox One controller and Remote are still included in the latest bundle that is on sale?

Thanks
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
120 REPLIES 120

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
Looks like it still is included based on this redditors question to Oculus support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6n55mz/rift_bundle_missing_xbox_controller/dk7dy4d/

That is all that was needed. A simple official answer from a rep.

Case closed.

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

No answer on this yet (on the forum)?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

LeoBlacks
Honored Guest
Ordered 11 july, just delivered in Italy from Netherlands.  XBox One controller and Remote are included.

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
Also confirming, bought from Amazon on the 1st day of the sale, mine came as expected, the full kit inc wireless adapter, gamepad, oculus remote etc. On Amazon at least when you buy the bundle it shows the 'two items' linking to their separate pages (at full price) and that did show the correct info for contents. They are selling those two so would be a bit strange to be selling some nerfed package without adjusting it on amazon.

As for direct oculus sales well that's for others to answer (and have) but amazon buyers seem good to go.
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

ALFAQV
Honored Guest

LeoBlacks said:

Ordered 11 july, just delivered in Italy from Netherlands.  XBox One controller and Remote are included.

Same her ordered the 10 and just received with xbox one controller

vannagirl
Consultant
Kinda funny

So many tears when oculus first announce this bundle had a controller accusing them of ripping them off etc

Now everyone wants one

I am loling at work to myself. Saying this the present oculus arrived last night.

Full package is there, remote controller rockband addon, one super happy brother
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
Sounds like its being changed to a single box with no XBox controller or remote once they run out of current stock -- https://uploadvr.com/oculus-permanently-slashes-rift-touch-bundle-price/

Calibos
Heroic Explorer
The fact that orders are starting to be delivered and have the xbox controller or that Oculus support have said its just the web description thats changed and not the included peripherals, doesn't rule out that very plausible reddit theory.

The people getting their Rifts delivered now could just be those who ordered before the Xbox controller Rift SKU's ran out. It could also be that Oculus haven't run out of the Xbox Rift SKU's yet but someone jumped the gun with changing the product description on the website which should only have been put in place after the Sale was over.

Agree that whatever the reason, its yet another un-necessary PR faux Pas.

WRT to the Reddit theory. The Sale might not only be to get rid of the Xbox controller Rift SKU in particular but all separate Rift and Touches and fancy boxes out in the supply chain. Given its out of stock everywhere it would seen they've accomplished that in 6 days instead of 6 weeks. I've a feeling that after the 6 weeks it'll go back up to 600 and then at OC4 in October they'll announce that Touch is no longer available seperately except on their store as replacements, that from then on there will be only 1 Rift+Touch SKU which will come in one much simpler less premium box and without the xbox controller and remote with a new permanent price of $450/£450/€500

Personally I and I assume many others were saying this last Summer when people (mostly Vivers) were saying that Oculus would forever regret not including Touch with Rift from Day1 as it would split the user base forever. My response was that we Rifters did not dispute that tracked controllers were a gamechanger, we were just prepared to wait for a better implementation than Vive Wands. That because Touch would be a gamechanger, it was likely that all but the most hardcore Sim purists who only bought Rift for their Sim gaming would buy Touch no matter when it launched. That Rift not having tracked controllers for a few months after Rift launch would not deter Devs from making tracked controller games seeing as even if Rift never had them, the other 2 thirds of the VR gaming market would (Vive/PSVR) regardless. That at some point in 2017 Oculus would liquidate existing stock and move to a single Bundle SKU and from that point onwards everyone would have Touch. ie. That the 'Split Userbase' ratio number would be small to begin with anyway but would rapidly diminish. Eg. Say they sold 300,000 Rifts in 2016/Early 2017 and 50,000 never bought Touch. Based on that hypothetical figure 15% of Rift owners wouldn't have Touch. With the Reduced pricing earlier this year and then this Sale pricing, literally no one buys Rift without Touch from April 2017 onwards, from October 2017 no one can buy Rift without Touch. That 50,000 number of Touchless users remains static while the numbers of users with Touch goes way up. End of 2017 They've sold a million units. The percentage of Touchless Rift owners is now only 5% of the userbase.

[Emperor] It is all proceeding as I have Foreseen!!! [/Emperor]

😄

[EDIT] I was $50 out. Rift+Touch bundle will go up to $499/£499/€550 straight after the €399 Sale ends
https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/14/15970296/oculus-rift-touch-bundle-price-drop-hike

smilertoo
Protege
I got mine on wednesday and it came in 2 boxes, it included the xbox controller and wireless usb card for it. I didnt even unpack it or the remote so i can see those being removed at some point.

CrashFu
Consultant
It has been officially confirmed by Brendan Iribe on twitter that the new bundle will not contain the Gamepad OR Remote, with the reason being cost-saving.

It appears that as of now, it's also not possible to buy the original Rift (w/o Touch) box;  The only options are the new bundle, or the original Touch box, and of course individual accessories.

Kind of funny to think that the Remote will now forever be a non-standard part.  I love that little thing, but in a year most Rift-owners won't even know it exists.  At $30, I can't imagine a lot of folks going out to specifically buy one. :astonished:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.