cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus' Secret New Game Revealed: Marvel Powers United VR

CrashFu
Consultant
https://www.oculus.com/marvel-powers-united-vr/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=oa...

Holy @#$% you guys, I don't think they possibly could have made something more relevant to my interests.  :grin:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
59 REPLIES 59

vannagirl
Consultant
well this is interesting

great partnership if so, seems oculus are aiming high

Atmos will not be happy when hes back

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

vannagirl said:

well this is interesting

great partnership if so, seems oculus are aiming high

Atmos will not be happy when hes back

Atmos will jump on the Shadow bandwagon and just call this another wave shooter lol

vannagirl
Consultant
@Atmos73

just buy a rift, go on they are so so cheap atm

CrashFu
Consultant
@Shadowmask72  -  I guess I can see how, if you're someone who already got completely burnt out on games like Raw Data, you'd worry that this will just feel like a cheap re-skin.

If so, that would explain why this is expected to be a hit with newer Rift owners, specifically:  They haven't gotten burnt out on this sort of thing yet.

But on the other hand, maybe this won't just be a simple wave-survival game!  We don't really have a whole lot of info yet.

I'm looking forward to it either way, because I haven't had enough time / energy to devote to VR playing any games, to get burnt out on anything yet  :lol:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I'm not sure why there is apprehension towards Raw Data. It's an awesome game fellas. I mean seriously it is. They added a new character and location today as well. Before Robo Recall, this was definitely king of the crop.

Anyways. One can't complain about new games and it is exciting. Hopefully we'll get a Resident Evil survivor type game at some point as well.  I am still counting the days to hear what those who haven't tried RE 7 on PSVR think (obviously well improved on PC) when it releases on PC. I am confident there will be mass pant pooing on that day.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
@CrashFu completely agree. Plus, there are Wave Shooters like Space Pirate Trainer and VR Invaders, and then there are full experiences like Drop Dead. There is a big difference between a real Wave Shooter and a full Combat Experience.

Plus, I think we should wait until we see more about this game before trying to slap a label on it.

vannagirl
Consultant
i have not played as many wave shooters but what i have played has been alot of fun

good for burning off frustrations of work for an hour and putting down. Everyone seems to love Marvel to death, this will be a hit i am sure

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Zenbane said:

Plus, I think we should wait until we see more about this game before trying to slap a label on it.

Point taken.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

CrashFu
Consultant
I think its safe to say one thing:  If the combat has as satisfying a feel to it as Robo-Recall... Heart

Especially with melee-oriented characters like The Hulk.

Like a nearly-thousand-dollar version of playing with these as a kid:

(Imagine if you're a kid and your parents buy you Hulk Hands for Christmas while the kid next door gets Marvel Powers United, lmao)

YoLolo69
Trustee
I'm impressed for now by the trailer itself which is amazing, they know how to create such thing!

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1