cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is VR popular with women?

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
im very curious about this because when I am in a multi player game like echo arena and therecroom I only ever see men/ boys. I have yet to meet another woman is echo and I've only ever seen not even a handle in the rec room. And I have also noticed from reading forms the majority are men. I can't tell you how many times Ive read posts about how I bought a rift without my wife knowing, she's going to kill me but I never see woman saying that about their husband/ partner lol. I know women do play but it seems, to me it's only a very low percentage that do. I could be wrong and they could be avoiding multiplayer games as I have also started to go less as some of the men/ little boys I run into are either very rude and sometimes very crude or follow me around like we are going to hook up , they find out I have kids and I'm married, then they vanish lol . I'm just really curious about how many women have an oculus rift/ any vr headset that is theirs and got it for themselves. 
66 REPLIES 66

Syrellaris
Rising Star
hmm i'm sure there are some. Just that the technical side of computers or the more tech like hardware, is not always very popular with woman. 

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
@Syrellaris that's true as I don't really have a clue when it comes to computers. My husband on the other hand does as he's built ours. But unlike me he has no want or desire for VR . I had told him I'm getting one and that's that lol . He tried it on one for less than a minute. It made his eyes hurt - I don't think he adjusted it right but he refuses to try it again. 

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Adjusting the headset is def. a must. It is like trying on new glasses, it will make your eyes hurt for a bit the first few times if you arent used to it. He should suck it up and try again :tongue:

Anyway, I do believe that with gaming becoming more and more popular as well as socially accepted, that it is becoming more popular under girls and woman. Though, i do think they still prefer to play mainly phone type of games. I'm hoping that with VR this eventually will change and that even they will enjoy more serious games.

Though, perhaps the technology has to advance a bit more and become lighter, less intrusive upon ones head for that to happen.

CandiceJoy
Honored Guest
I ordered my Rift a couple days ago and I can't wait for it to come in 😄  Then again, I am a professional programmer into all the stereotypically "male" dominated games and tech stuff 😛  I'm just...ya know...not a male.  🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP

I ordered my Rift a couple days ago and I can't wait for it to come in 😄  Then again, I am a professional programmer into all the stereotypically "male" dominated games and tech stuff 😛  I'm just...ya know...not a male.  🙂

I call foul and demand proof 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

I call foul and demand proof 😉

Come on, let's not start with unfunny bullshit like that.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sorry ? Nothing bullshit intended. Humour reined in and restricted. Thanks.......thought the  😉 might have given it away as a joke ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant

Techy111 said:

Sorry ? Nothing bullshit intended. Humour reined in and restricted. Thanks.......thought the  😉 might have given it away as a joke ?

i was not offended but it was not aimed at me, i get your very jokey personality though

and bad jokes 😉
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Thanks girl, with 3 girls of my own I wouldn't mean anything by this. Maybe I should put my polite hat on? Or maybe just stick to my forum.