cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is VR popular with women?

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
im very curious about this because when I am in a multi player game like echo arena and therecroom I only ever see men/ boys. I have yet to meet another woman is echo and I've only ever seen not even a handle in the rec room. And I have also noticed from reading forms the majority are men. I can't tell you how many times Ive read posts about how I bought a rift without my wife knowing, she's going to kill me but I never see woman saying that about their husband/ partner lol. I know women do play but it seems, to me it's only a very low percentage that do. I could be wrong and they could be avoiding multiplayer games as I have also started to go less as some of the men/ little boys I run into are either very rude and sometimes very crude or follow me around like we are going to hook up , they find out I have kids and I'm married, then they vanish lol . I'm just really curious about how many women have an oculus rift/ any vr headset that is theirs and got it for themselves. 
66 REPLIES 66

vannagirl
Consultant

Techy111 said:

Thanks girl, with 3 girls of my own I wouldn't mean anything by this. Maybe I should put my polite hat on? Or maybe just stick to my forum.

pfft none of the above

some jokes hit the mark some miss, i always saying things then wondering if i really went ott or was misunderstood
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Good job Techy111, you played the typical male forum stereotype and frightened her away  :D.

So now we have to stick with Vannagirl's dodgy jokes but at least she is still the forum Queen.  ❤️

Only kidding. I will speculate though if she works in a male orientated environment like she suggests, then will be well used to our male behavior.

Hello CandiceJoy , just ignore Techy111  😄

OT: I think a lot of women in relationships find an interest in tech their partners bring into the home. Women might not be the main user or even purchase the VR headset, but once tried find it just as fascinating. Then there are arguments as to who gets to use it first!

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Cheers @Shadowmask72 eloquently put  😐
qcw5k9r54y25.jpg

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant

Good job Techy111, you played the typical male forum stereotype and frightened her away  :D.

So now we have to stick with Vannagirl's dodgy jokes but at least she is still the forum Queen.  ❤️

Only kidding. I will speculate though if she works in a male orientated environment like she suggests, then will be well used to our male behavior.

Hello CandiceJoy , just ignore Techy111  😄

OT: I think a lot of women in relationships find an interest in tech their partners bring into the home. Women might not be the main user or even purchase the VR headset, but once tried find it just as fascinating. Then there are arguments as to who gets to use it first!

lolol forumqueen

yes you either get with the male jokes or you get going in some proffessions, you are right though i think many women get into tech via their partners or brothers etc

My ex build my pc for me but i have learnt alot, i was always a gamer but handhelds really or some consoling over the years

i love how techy though keeps going there is nothing better sometimes then slow motion carcrashes 😄 ❤️

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Of course there are women that are interested in VR. But they are underrepresented. I've found that the majority (not all, but the majority) of women have no interest in "tech stuff" unless it get's more social. I think we will see more women in VR in the future. It is an expensive gaming niche right now.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

SnackyAU
Expert Protege
I think it's only recently females have been enjoying Video gaming more and more often (And openly) which is awesome. But at the end of the day they are still... not a minority when it comes to video games but certainly not the most vocal of the numbers. And when you have a thing like VR or whatever platform that is only in it's early years (well modern VR) the numbers are only going to be even more skewed.

Hopefully the fact that groundwork has been laid and all that in regular gaming the uptake will be way higher as female gamers are awesome. Not because they are ladies.. just because the more people playing games the easier it is to find people to play with. And end of the day i don't care what gender you are.. where you are from.. i just want faster queue times / games filled quicker !!! Make queues short again!

Anonymous
Not applicable
There aren't that many women into VR because there aren't that many women into video games in general. The amount of women playing video games increased when the Wii was released years ago but they're still in the minority.

SnackyAU
Expert Protege

snowdog said:

There aren't that many women into VR because there aren't that many women into video games in general. The amount of women playing video games increased when the Wii was released years ago but they're still in the minority.

Not sure about that i think the rise of Mobile gaming has been a massive year on year contributor to increasing female participation in video gaming both online and single player / offline

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
There has to be a distinction made between casual mobile video gaming and console or PC gaming. Stats would suggest 50% of gamers are indeed female. Whereas that figure reduces significantly when you ignore mobile platforms. I believe Snowypooch is referring to console PC gaming.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

cybernettr
Superstar
 I was in echo arena last night for about an hour, and the entire time I think I heard one female voice. In fact, one of the other players even commented, "a girl!" The previous time  I played I also heard only a couple of female voices.  It's not a stereotype: the fact is, girls simply tend to be less interested in gaming than guys in general.  

This may come as a shock to some people, but there are inherent differences between males and females, and in fact, that's one of the reasons the sexes complement one another. The constant desire by the Left to minimize sex differences is sad, bizarre and destructive IMO.