cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Still hasn't shipped yet?

Cibbler
Honored Guest
So I ordered my Oculus on the sale the 12th on July, and I have still not gotten any mail saying it has been sent? 
I understand that there are alot of people who have ordered them now because of the sale but it just seems odd that it still hasn't shipped... I also updated my payment info because I think the last one was outdated, could this be a reason? Wouldn't I get a mail saying it couldn't ship because my card wasn't usable? I donno.

I'm just paranoid because I will be incredibly busy the coming week so if there's a problem with the shipping I'd like to solve it now since I'd really like it to have arrived in a week or so.

Thanks!
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
They just replied today with zero explanation other than to apologize for the delay in responding  - I have requested they give me specific details on why it was cancelled, so we'll see. Today, they said that I should place another order or buy it from a reseller... Isn't that just lovely.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
@acenelson  

Yes, I did order the summer bundle as soon as it was posted.  Simply put, they screwed up  and had a huge sale they couldn't support. My opinion (and that is all it is) is that they cancelled enough orders to save some face so that they could at least fulfill a percentage of the orders.  I have this opinion because of the numerous posts on the subject (here and elsewhere), the lack of  details provided by Oculus, as well as the fact that shortly after mine was cancelled, the bundled hardware was being reduced, Amazon posted it as a pre-order, etc.   It all just adds up to piss-poor management of this sale. 

acenelson
Honored Guest

top_rung said:

They just replied today with zero explanation other than to apologize for the delay in responding  - I have requested they give me specific details on why it was cancelled, so we'll see. Today, they said that I should place another order or buy it from a reseller... Isn't that just lovely.  

That's a bummer I am sorry! Yea I wouldn't put in another order. I would go through Ebay and pay a little more money just to get the headset sooner. I have a feeling Oculus did not anticipate the amount of orders they have received due to the nice summer price they have right now. 

Cibbler
Honored Guest
Just got this as a response to my ticket:

Hey Max,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Oculus support, I see you are trying to see when your order will ship, it would be my pleasure to answer your question.

I can confirm that there is no issue with your order.

But, due to the exceptional response to our Summer Sale, we've seen an increase in demand and are working hard to keep up.

There is no ETA at this time, but we will be sure to email you with your shipping confirmation as soon as we ship!

We appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Warm regards,

Pearl 
Oculus Support

cryhav0c
Explorer
Ordered mine on the 11th and still hasn't updated.  E-mailed them but only got canned response.  Still waiting.  Crazy.  Didn't they realize that if they went practically half price that they would be inundated with orders? 

mkurup
Honored Guest
Ordered on the 10th, and just got my tracking numbers.
I am in the USA. Should be here Wednesday.

xwProject
Honored Guest
ordered mine on 11th
.. cc was just processed
.. status changed from "Order" to "Processing for shipping"
yay 🙂
(also sent a small support request on the weekend checking on order status due to some of the recently posted cancellations, and they kindly replied in a few hours with similar message as above.. and payment was processed the next day.. today)
either way .. lots of interest on the product is good.. give the nice people time to process everything 🙂

PrOjEcTTeLeK
Explorer
I hope this means more funding for awesomeness 

jj_hennessy
Honored Guest
I ordered mine around 12AM on July 12th and still haven't received any shipment updates as of noon July 18th. It is crazy to me that they can't ship out a $400 product within the first week of purchase. 

xwProject
Honored Guest
.. aaaaaannnndddd...
get the email today with Sales Invoice in big letters
.. along with tracking numbers!!
yay!!
edit: 7 days from order to shipped.. so 1 week