cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make gun pose with touch controllers anymore

mallydotcom
Honored Guest
I have this weird issue now with the controllers. Finger tracking was perfect on day 1 onwards. A few days ago though, the right touch controller was unable to make the gun pose (ie index finger and thumb out at the same time). The weird thing is though is that if my index finger is resting or pressing the button, i can move my thumb up and down no problems. If the thumb is resting on of the buttons, thumb rest, or joystick, then I am able to move my index finger up and down. Take both the thumb and finger away, and it just stays as a closed fist....

This issue is now starting to happen on the left touch controller.
It's as though the controller can only do one or the other but not point thumb and finger out.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone? I really don't want this to be a hardware issue on the controllers. I've also tried reinstalling repairing the oculus software with no fix. Does the weather affect the controllers? i live in a tropical climate and recently everyday has been thunderstormy.
14 REPLIES 14

minimoo
Explorer

I did the battery refresh thing then the index finger started working (but very fiddly compare to Right controller) however then thumb recognition stopped working.  Removed the battery, waited and insert another brand new battery and now both index & thumb recognition not working.

I've also put the same battery on Right controller and everything works perfectly on the Right controller.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had the same issue, oculus wanted to replace my left controller but I did not bother since after getting a new pair the issue still happen. I have reinstalled everything but still no luck. Here is the link to the video where I demonstrated the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVEajgsmHXA
I hope this will be fixed soon. If anyone has been able to come with a fix, please share it with us. I am using Alienware 15 R3. 

minimoo
Explorer
I sent the controller back and they replaced it. Now working perfectly. I think it's not software or 3rd party hardware thing it's the device itself and unluckily you happened to buy the faulty unit twice

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, i sent mine back too and now its working perfectly..Minimoo is right, maybe you got the faulty Touch twice...it happened before to someone..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same exact problem. Waiting for support's answer...