cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda bored at the moment.

TomTom1298
Explorer
So, since i've played alot games.
Games like: Space Pirate Trainer, Robo Recall (Which i'm terrible at), AltSpace VR (Lovely), Lucky's Tale (kinda cool/fun) EVE: Valkery (AWESOME), ADR1FT (Mwah...) MISSION:ISS (Kinda ok) 

But, i'm looking for new games. 
I do like games like EVE:Valkery, Lucky's Tale & AltSpaceVR. 
So, it actauly must be a Online-Multiplayer game. But i can't find one. The Thumbnail Picture's don't impress me. 

So, what do you guys play. And what would you absolutely recommend?

I like SCI-FI Games. But there are ton's of SCI-FI Games already xD.
Openworld (like GTA xD) is cool. 

I like racing too. I have Project Cars//// . But my experience was terrible. The steering was terrible. I wasn't really able to stear normaly. Same for gassing and braking.

Let me know!

Thank you!

My PC-Specs:

I7 8700k - 16Gb DDR4 3200 Ram. (2x8) - RTX 2080 Ti
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Echo Arena is so much fun. You need to get into that. 🙂

Also try Onward. They've just released an update with single player, so you can learn the game and its mechanics before jumping  into multiplayer.

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
If you like racing games I recommend taking a look at Dirt Rally. Of all the racing games this is my favorite by far.
While many don't like the fact that you are only racing against the clock and not direct opponents (except for Rallycross) I prefer the greater variety and undpredictabitly on long rally stages compared to racing circuits. And drifting on gravel is really fun!
Also I find it's the most immersive VR conversion of all the racing games. All the cars have very distinct behavior, sound and "feel". The graphics is great.
But it's a simulation heavy game and not easy to learn. A decent FFB steering wheel is highly recommended.

Bilbosmeggins
Heroic Explorer
Can't believe that no-one has given IL2 a shout out.  Multiplayer or single player.  The best software on the rift IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iXdhpHG_w

Jonfl1
Protege

Can't believe that no-one has given IL2 a shout out.  Multiplayer or single player.  The best software on the rift IMHO.

Aside from DCS, RIGHT?!? 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iXdhpHG_w

Agreed, I have logged many hours into IL-2 since their VR support was added and am having a blast with it. My number one go to combat flight sim currently. 
They did an absolute incredible job with their VR for this game.

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer

vannagirl said:

No ones mentioning Elite Dangerous?

thats not a game its an experience!!!

This!!!

How... HOW have you not played Elite Dangerous?!

You haven't fully experienced VR until you have played Elite Dangerous!  Make sure you get the expansion Horizons.  It added planetary landings on any planet without atmospheres.  That is a euphemism for canyon running!  Essential for VR.

PS
EvE V is NOT like ED.  Is Doom like Gone Home?

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer

I found there's several versions of IL2. On the website I find "Battle of Moscow" and "Battle of Stalingrad". On Steam there's also "Cliffs of Dover" and "1946".

Do they all support VR? There's no mention of VR at all on either their website or on Steam.

Bilbosmeggins
Heroic Explorer
Both Battle of Stalingrad, and Battle of Moscow have VR support, and work "out of the box", so to speak.  1946 is getting long in the tooth now, and Cliffs of Dover was a mess when released, and had to be heavily modded to bring it up to scratch.  Both BoS and BoM will serve you fine.  If you purchase through Steam, I think that you have to own BoS in order to play BoM.  If you go directly to the store you can purchase BoM there, and bypass BoS if you wish.  Also, if you own BoS, then the makers are currently running 40% off Moscow.

On Steam, check the reviews, where there are loads of VR comments (mainly great).  On the makers' site check this link:  https://il2sturmovik.com/news/303/update-2009-vr/

Also, a VR subforum on their site:  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/109-virtual-reality-and-vr-controllers/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow, both by same devs, are the latest and only ones supporting VR. I would suggest starting with Battle of Stalingrad, as it was the first of the series. 
The VR implementation in this sim is fantastic. 

danknugz
Superstar
right now I play onward, ETS2, city car driving and neon retro arcade. i just got golf club vr but havent played it yet. most other stuff bores me.

notice that most of the games i like are "real" and not "fantasy" games. i think these kind of games are better aligned with the VR experience. although the doom3 vr mod w/ touch support is quite good.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?