cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
42 REPLIES 42

lhaw
Honored Guest
I don't have touch. Can AVOLight be controlled using keyboard shortcuts or the Rift included Xbox controller? Where would those commands be found?  GREAT program! Keep up the good work!  lhaw

AVOlight
Protege
Hey @lhaw and @Cyril, Thank you for your feedback 🙂 it's always nice to read positive encouragement so thanks
sorry lhaw there isn't any Xbox controller support at the moment

one can use mouse and keyboard but it's not as good as using the Touch
using the mouse with keyboard also requires that:
Fullscreen mode must be enabled in settings
the app must be the active selected window on your Windows Desktop

here are the default mappings:
Left Click: Select and Show/Hide UI

Right Click Hold: Drag screen

Right + Left Click Hold: Drag UI from screen

Middle Click: Create, Clone, and Close a screen

- Create: point at nothing and press

- Clone: drag screen and press

- Close: point at screen and press

Tab key: Recenter

Space key: Play/Pause all or only player pointed at
Arrow keys: while holding, temporally remap the next button press

lhaw
Honored Guest

Thanks! I've since gotten the Touch controllers, but now I've got another problem:

*How* the heck do I SAVE an environment, space or whatever it's called when I setup lots of windows, arrangements, & displays, (etc.) ? Being able to set things up, save them, screw them up, & then reload a saved environment will make it *much* easier for me to master everything. But having to reorient every time I shut down (or mess up!) is a real pain! Is there some sort of 'hidden' control area I'm missing or something?

EXCELLENT program! Keep up the *very* good work!

Lhaw

AVOlight
Protege
 🙂 Thank you @lhaw 

there might be an error happening that's preventing the save/load from working properly

this is how it should look like when creating a new save:
8zf9da9ht5em.gif
then when you have an existing save selected click the load button to the left of the name
loading time depends on how many screens were saved

if there is an error it should show up in the output_log.txt found in
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\avolight-limited-avolight-space\AVOlight.Space_Data

lhaw
Honored Guest

I got it to save & open a collection of players OK, but they all have big LOCKED signs on them.

I've purchased, & thought I was using,  a full version via Steam, so could I have accidentally opened a trial version or something?

Lhaw

AVOlight
Protege
Very sorry about this, the Steam version goes into trail mode if it's not launched with Steam open and logged in with the account that has purchased it

if that doesn't work then something is wrong with the installation

lhaw
Honored Guest

Outstanding! Everything is working now, but the way that "Load" & save works, it makes me wonder what kind of *other* goodies might be "Load-able" in the same way..

Ya got a list of other commands or the like I can look at some place? The potential is mind boggling!

Thanks a lot.

Lhaw

AVOlight
Protege
Thank you @lhaw, Very happy to read 🙂

Sorry about the lack of documentation, i'm stretched for time, will try very hard to make better user interface updates so that docs aren't needed

lhaw
Honored Guest

You're doing very well as it stands,

so carry on & don't let the likes of me

get you steered off into diversions from your main course.

We all eagerly await 'the next chapter'

of your very interesting creation.

Lhaw

HiThere_
Superstar
The thumbstick shortcuts are very convenient to use, but easy to miss.

When you select between audio/video/pictures, you don't just select all the media of the current directory but also  the media from all it's sub-directories : So let's say you select "video", then it returns a playlist made of every video available in that directory (including it's sub-directories).

The (small) icons in the GUI include replay (same media) and randomize (media playlist order) : You can select the root of a hard drive, select "pictures" to create a playlist of all it's pictures, set the display order to randomize, choose your display time per picture, window size and curb... to create one random slideshow. Then just duplicate that window to directly create more random slideshows (each using their own random order, and the same settings and playlist you defined only on the first window).