cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo Recall Update

TommyJacob_Epic
Honored Guest
Today we released an update to Robo Recall. This update fixed a bug where some players were getting stuck on a black screen at startup. If this issue occurs, a restart will reset your settings file and clear the issue. This will not affect your saved game. We have updated our Korean localization to improve clarity on several terms and phrases and updated the credits to include the extended list of Robo Recall contributors.
95 REPLIES 95

dragolord
Honored Guest
Robo Recall seems more jerky / screen not smooth during game play recently, anyone experiencing similar issue?

Hugh_N
Protege

SLO7H said:

I have only played 2 levels, but this game is freaking amazing! When she told me I could put my hands behind my back and grab 2 shotguns?! Hell YEEAAH!! This is so badass!

But did you then do as I did and pretty much punch yourself in the HMD as you reached for the shotguns?  😄

Micro666
Expert Protege

dragolord said:

Robo Recall seems more jerky / screen not smooth during game play recently, anyone experiencing similar issue?

Yes, exact same issue. Robo Recall is jerky, and sometimes loses tracking all together. I don't get it in any other title, and I never used to get it in Robo Recall either. I have a core i7, 32GB RAM, and GTX 1080Ti, so it's not that I'm underpowered 😉

Last time I played Robo Recall, which was around month ago it was fine. What I have noticed, is that the tracking / jerking issue gets worse when you put your hands up within view

Something has changed with the latest update I think. Either Robo Recall's update, or Oculus 1.17 beta?

Wildt
Consultant
@Micro666

A core i7 can be MANY things - be specific.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

falken76
Expert Consultant

jay4405 said:

@falken76, how long did it take for you to get a replacement after it was delivered to the warehouse?
I'm still waiting on a confirmation that a replacement has been sent and the warehouse received it 8 days ago. 
Did you eventually get a return tracking number or did it just show up.

It took about 3 business days after they received it.  They ended up sending me an email with a tracking number.  I got mine replaced right as the new sale was starting, so I don't believe they were nearly as busy yet when my RMA was actually processed.

falken76
Expert Consultant

Dantac said:

falken76 said:

Dantac said:

The update is causing issues. I played Robo Recall with ZERO problems since I purchased the Rift 3 days ago..and come this update I'm getting messages playing robo recall that my headset is not detected. It does not happen in other games.

You're playing normally then the game stops and you get the message that the headset is not detected. Seems to happen at random with a spacing of roughly 5 mins apart.

It has made the game unplayable.

That sounds like a hardware issue that has plagued the Rift since its release.  I just got my replacement rift via RMA for the exact issue you are describing.  It's intermittent, but you'll likely find that it starts to effect all your games until it gets to a point that the rift is absolutely unusable.  If nobody else has disconnect issues, it's likely your headset is starting to fail.  Be prepared to start a support ticket...

That is very disturbing to hear. If the hardware is sure to fail after a short time like this requiring RMA and such nonstop then it makes dropping so much money on it be a bad investment. If it continues to do it this week, while im still within the 14 days best buy has to return it, I'll return it and wait for Oculus or a competitor to release something better. It makes no sense to RMA something that has such a chronic 'feature'.

It doesn't seem to effect all rifts.  My friend and my brother both bought a rift after they tried mine and theirs have had no issues at all.  Mine had problems from the start, I think I got a defective unit from the start.  A lot of people had this issue early in the rifts release, it's probably gotten much better since then because there are no where near as many posts about it now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting the black screen problem now.  It was fine until a couple days ago.  Tried restarting oculus headset,  restarting computer,  updating drivers and nothing.  I'd like to play the game again

Ulisse76
Protege
Hello everybody. Just to tell you what happened to me. Maybe it could help.
I didn't perform the update but I have had black screen and several crash reports while loading mission 1-2.
I solved the issues increasing the virtual memory in Windows (maximum virtual memory 5GB).
I have 8GB of RAM and gtx 1060 6GB.
Now I am going to buy 16GB of ram.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is travel without Teleport working?

randomvr2017
Honored Guest
Some nasty bug just destroyed my game progress. I was at about 50% complete and for some unknown reason I am suddenly back to 8%. I am back to mission level 1-1, and all weapon upgrades were lost. I had 40/50 stars, now it says 5/50 stars. But then it still says level 24 under status.

And in my Oculus library, I suddenly got a launch icon "roborecall-win64-shipping.exe" (with an Unreal logo on the icon) next to the normal Robo Recall icon. If I try to launch it, it says "checking your privilege.. entitlement not found! Please download through the Oculus store" (of course I downloaded Robo Recall from the Oculus store, and had been playing it for days).

Also, earlier, before I lost my save, in the game, my pistol couldn't be upgraded to Automatic -- unlike the other weapons, there was no indication message in the interface saying when the next unlock would be available. I got all the other weapon upgrades except for that.

Just some problems I'm having with this game.

Edit: found other users with this issue, also happened at ***level 24***:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/611jsv/robo_recall_progress_deleted_bug/