cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controllers don't work in oculus video??

samuraipoet
Honored Guest
I seem to be the only person on the planet with this issue, but my touch controllers don't do anything inside the oculus video app. I know they're supposed to be supported... My touch controllers work perfectly for everything else, and my rift seems to be working perfectly fine as well. I can look around the app, and I have a little blue circle cursor showing me where I'm looking, but I can't select anything. Help?? What are the controls supposed to be? This is really frustrating and weird.
10 REPLIES 10

Gianchi03
Honored Guest
No, you're not the only one. I just downloaded the app and I'm having the same issue. I guess there must be a way to enable the Touch controllers to work as the gamepad, but I couldn't find any useful info on Google. Let's hope someone can help us.

After the first week with the Rift, gotta say, Oculus made a great piece of hardware, but it's really lacking in software in several aspects (the current one is really ludicrous... it's your app, it should support your hardware or, at least, make very clear to users what they're supposed to do...)

artpromo
Honored Guest
it is not only video, also with Henry I examine the same problems, can only start by keyboard, no gamepad emulation for the touch

LogiQ
Honored Guest
It was working before but for some reason now it's not. 

artpromo
Honored Guest

I have made a support ticket, but we could compare the configs:

I am using win7- 64 bit sp1,  gtx970, intel i5 2500K, inatek 4ports usb (latest drivers), oculus home 1.17 beta,firmware touch: f3c65f7a5f

artpromo
Honored Guest
bump

cybereality
Grand Champion
Do you have an Xbox controller connected to the PC? If so, the software will use that first rather than Touch controllers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

artpromo
Honored Guest
no controller attached. I even disabled the logitech software which have to detect steering wheel ( alsno not connected)

artpromo
Honored Guest

Update from my side:
In the devicemanager I am missing under systemdevices: the oculus virtual gamepad
emulation.
I compared it with the system of friend, whose controllers have nog
problems with gamepad-emulation.
Can this be the cause of the problems. .

artpromo
Honored Guest

I  installed the oculus_vigembus manual by devcon with succes ( had to use 64bit version of devcon).
But it seems to be not a solution for the problems mentioned.    

There must be more users that encounters the same poblem. Please react.

Doing a repair afterwards  removes the oculus_vigembus!