cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.18 Public Test Channel Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
FEATURES:
  • Demo Mode: You can now set up your Oculus Library to show only a certain selection of apps using the Demo Mode option in Settings. This can help developers at trade shows, or just let you set up your Rift as a self-guided tour of VR for your friends.
  • Mixed Reality Capture: Further improvements to the calibration tool including support for stereo cameras.

BUG FIXES:
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
26 REPLIES 26

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege
I would like to see the an option for a timer on the overall game use of the Rift (not counting Home or Menu use), when upon reaching the time limit the customer is sent back an empty home area with a message saying the time has expired. The on-going timer should be shown both in the home area and in the Oculus menu screen so one can see how much time is left at anytime. You could even go as far as have a non-intrusive 2 minute warning overlay somewhere in the corner of the display.

Richooal
Consultant
Very nice. It also restricts the menu options so people can't muck around with things.
When demo mode is ended, all your apps are still there!
🙂
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
When is a simple button to DISABLE ASW coming? It should not rely on using binds always!
Also when is a method to SELECT INSTALL PATH coming? I still use the old Runtime 0.7 install to avoid SSE4.2 Check, stuck to installing on drive C: but at least I can auto update. 
This is taking way too long and further points towards your push for us to buy i5 and i7 computers when old quads do the job in most cases! This proves corruption within the industry and is sick.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You could select another drive at setup install time, that feature was added maybe last year.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

gronbek
Explorer
Going to test

nangu
Expert Protege
I suscribe to the petition to add ASW and Pixel Density to Home. It's a feature which we need to be there almost from the start. Or at least, make the debug tool work for normal user accounts under Windows, I don't want to use my PC as Administrator :-((

EDIT: Please Oculus, compliment finishing features most users will be benefited before experimenting with some obscure ones. Thanks.

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
Yes. I agree. Adding a setting for ASW and Pixel Density to Home will be a nice feature

Virlac
Explorer
Perfect timing! I'll be having a few friends round this weekend who are more interested in games than experiences. Should make navigating the home screen a bit quicker for the first timers.

Tu6rul
Honored Guest
Hi, please adding a setting for ASW and Pixel Density to Oculus Home.