cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.18 Public Test Channel Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
FEATURES:
  • Demo Mode: You can now set up your Oculus Library to show only a certain selection of apps using the Demo Mode option in Settings. This can help developers at trade shows, or just let you set up your Rift as a self-guided tour of VR for your friends.
  • Mixed Reality Capture: Further improvements to the calibration tool including support for stereo cameras.

BUG FIXES:
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
26 REPLIES 26

ragesaq
Explorer
I saw a prompt to update drivers in Oculus and did not see this mentioned in the release notes. The only thing I was able to find driver-wise that was updated was the virtual gamepad adapter on 8/2, which I suspect was in this release.
@cybereality Anything you can add to that?

cybereality
Grand Champion
@saq I'm a little confused by what you are asking. In general, if your setup is working, I wouldn't worry about it. If you find something wrong, you can leave the public test channel and use the latest official build. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ragesaq
Explorer
@cybereality My setup is working great, 100% solid for months on PTC. BUT, if it stops working suddenly the same day I run an update (cough 1.11 cough), I would check the patch notes to see if there is anything I need to concern myself with. Maybe it is the update but the release notes contains instructions for me to correct the situation, or maybe its something else in the PTC and I should roll back out of the PTC. Or maybe it's not related to the release at all and I should look elsewhere for causes of my problems. If I had good information in the release notes I could get a better idea and accomplish more than just straight up guessing.

When the Oculus Update comes along with a prompt (in bright red no less) indicating some new driver/etc needs to be installed and it is not mentioned in the release notes, I've got to wonder what else isn't being mentioned in the release notes.

The point of publishing release notes is to let everyone know about all of the changes that were included in them, warts and all. It builds trust by being transparent. Failing to mention something that was a part of a release (especially if its something obvious, like a giant red YOU NEED TO CLICK TO INSTALL A NEW DRIVER) really devalues the release notes and works against the purpose of providing release notes in the first place.

jay4405
Expert Protege
Please Oculus, provide a rollback option. It's a little absurd that one can't do this, since every other component in my PC has this capability. Granted your updates have been working great for me but other have reported otherwise. A simply roll back option is needed. To many hardware configuration out there to not have this option. This isn't a console and it does look like your trying to go for a plug and play experience but this is very unlikely because we don't have the same builds.

masterchop
Protege
Is there any technical information about the new support for stereo cameras?
i had the camera flip 180 issue on every static calibration i have done for mixed reality, i am pretty sure this is a problem with my camera I hope this update fixes that :blush:

AlexLogin0ff
Explorer
Adding games back is currently broken, when will it be corrected?

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
When installing 1.18 steam shortcuts no longer work the web document is missing in properties tab

drash
Heroic Explorer
I confirmed that the Demo Mode time limit works but it REALLY needs to just fade out, not do a hard cut with a half second of frozen headtracking.   And as suggested above, a visual overlay and maybe audible beeps indicating that time is almost up would be good too, just so that the user isn't totally caught off guard.

Also, i find it odd to see a promotional screenshot of The Climb while in Demo Mode while not wearing the headset. It sort of gives the impression that The Climb is going to be "part of the demo".   Is this something we can customize?
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Torence
Honored Guest
Reading the whole post, I just want  to catch more information about this field. 

TheGameShow
Honored Guest
So if I want to publicly demo a rift, what's the process I would need to go through?