cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know of a good projector for 3D games and 3D films?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't want to spend much and might even look for a used projector if anyone knows of some good ones for 3D games and 3D movies. I would like one that used active 3D glasses Cheers!

@cybereality - You might know some also?
68 REPLIES 68

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
No, I just ordered the HD142X. Cheers for all the advice. Hopefully, I can set everything up alright, I can't wait to get it and watch some movies.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@cyberaelity - At 10ft away what size screen would the HD142X be? And would moving it closer make the screen smaller? I don't have a massive amount of wall space.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome! Really hope you like it. At 10 feet you can get a 93" image. Moving it closer to the wall will make the image smaller, yes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@cybereality My projector is on it's way but need a little more help. Do I have to get a ceiling mount for this projector and will these 3D glasses work? Also, do I just plug the projector into a hdmi port on the PC to display my PC screen and also get Nvida play to work for 3D?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELEPHAS-Rechargeable-Projectors-ViewSonic-Panasonic/dp/B01BWLP1KE/ref=sr_1_...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, those ones, as well as any DLP Link glasses will work. You can ceiling mount if you want. In my setup, I have a coffee table and I put the projector on the table's lower shelf and that works well (easier to manage cables that way). You would connect your PC to the HDMI port on the projector. Only HDMI supports 3D, so don't bother with any other ports (you can get an HDMI switch if you have multiple devices, like a PS4). The software you would use is called Nvidia 3DTV Play.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@cybereality Can you see if you can see a HDMI switch on Amazon uk site for me cyber? I would really appreciate it as I don't want to get the wrong one. I just noticed I only have one HDMI port on my Gigabyte 1080 Graphics card and I use this for the Oculus Headset.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
You can use a dvi to hdmi adapter for the video output to the rift, (the rift sends audio separately through the usb cable) that's what I am using now.

I love my projector, seeing things on a giant screen really makes them feel grander.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Get an HDMI switch that supports 4K 60Hz and 3D. Most of the latest model ones should. I think this one will be fine:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portta-Switcher-Support-Plastic-Blu-ray/dp/B01J16CJ1G/
I'm not 100% sure if Rift will work on that. You're better off getting a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plugable-DisplayPort-Supports-displays-3840x2160/dp/B00S0C7QO8/

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@cybereality Are you suggesting I should get the display port to HDMI for the Rift or the Projector?

@Protocol7 - I've never owned a Projector and thought it was about time I tried one out. I hope it meets my expectation like the Oculus Rift did. I can't wait to see a movie on a large screen in my home. I hope the picture is alright because it's going on a painted white wall.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I think either can potentially work with the adapter, so you'll have to try and see if it works.