cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling fan / vent for facial interface

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
I just posted this to Reddit, but I want to share with you guys what I just started working on.
My face gets super toasty within about 10 mins of wearing the Rift.  There's not much airflow.  Thanks to Oculus uploading those cad files for the facial interface I put this together.  

Tested it with a 12v blower fan that I had on hand and it works great.  

Next step is to order a 5v 35mm square fan, find a better solution to get power (need 5v or 12v), and gets some foam for the interface.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/57chcl/cooling_venting_fan_for_facial_interface/

h3o1dmvmn9f8.png

So it's clear, this is the direction of airflow

ob9mnxmrv1ch.png
27 REPLIES 27

Siilk
Adventurer
OMG, I sooooo need this! It gets really hot and sweaty inside the HMD when playing stand-up or roomscale with a lot of motion involved. Especially so during some ... ahem ... spirited gameplay moments and exciting videos, if you know what I mean.

Let us know if you'll be doing a kickstarter for this. 🙂

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
Why did I hear no new news on what the new facial interface was fitted to the NEW rift sku? It was meant to be improved, in what way and if it's that much better are we able to buy it from oculus?
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
Any issues with dry or irritated eyes due to the air stream? I'd expect that to be a problem.

Siilk
Adventurer

Litespeed said:

Any issues with dry or irritated eyes due to the air stream? I'd expect that to be a problem.

Unless the air stream is hitting you directly in the eye it shouldn't be a big problem.

huntjulien
Explorer

kukukulus said:

Could I pretty please borrow your stl file??? I swear it would just be to print one for personal use. 
I beg of you. I need one so badly. I can't play more than 30min because of the sweat

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Drill some holes in the front and have it sucking out the heat from the processors there. 

rafacg04
Honored Guest

kukukulus said:

Could I pretty please borrow your stl file??? I swear it would just be to print one for personal use. 
I beg of you. I need one so badly. I can't play more than 30min because of the sweat

Do you have any to sell?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will somebody please sell me the fan for my hmd? Name your price up pay shipping too! Please!