cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arktika 1 severe head movement stuttering

Sitruz
Protege
Hi All,

I'm really struggling with Arktika 1. Is anyone else experiencing severe graphics stuttering when moving your head?

I head to the armory and its fine for about 10 seconds, then the stuttering starts whenever I turn my head. I'm not running any SS and have reduced the graphics right down to medium and it still happens.

It looks very heavy on the CPU usage, but its not maxed out. The GPU is having a field day down at low 40+% usage.

I have an i5-4690K, 8Gb RAM and a GTX 1080. 

Cheers

19 REPLIES 19

MikeF
Trustee
Same here on a 970.
Framerate is perfect but get tracking hitches every 10 seconds or so regardless of graphics settings. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are any other games exhibiting this behavior or Oculus Home? 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sitruz
Protege

MikeF said:

Same here on a 970.
Framerate is perfect but get tracking hitches every 10 seconds or so regardless of graphics settings. 

Thats right MikeF. My frame rate also looks fine on the performance chart using OTT.

Are any other games exhibiting this behavior or Oculus Home? 

No none of them. Like everyone I'll get the odd stutter, but I'd call this severe stuttering.

MikeF
Trustee
Everything else is smooth for me, tried a handful of games on latest home update and drivers and all smooth except this one.

blazedd
Honored Guest
Yeah I have the same experience, only setting it to low seems to take it mostly away, but still there at sometimes when turning head. I have 7700k and 1080Ti and only 1.0 SS enabled.

cybereality
Grand Champion
What if you don't use SS at all and just use the game's default settings (which I believe has SS less than 1.0).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

blazedd
Honored Guest
Well 1.0 would be no SS at all... I'm using revive and steamvr. The game itself just has low/med/high/extreme. I've left it at low and tried but I get the occasional head stutter.. few hundred dropped frames as well. Medium is ok but kinda nauseating after a short bit. High and extreme I can't even.. Async on/off doesn't seem to differ either.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting tracking hitches as well. 1070 gtx with i7 7700(non k) and running at high settings with no SS. Oculus home seems fine when I do a 360 spin and keep an eye on my hands.

Sitruz
Protege

What if you don't use SS at all and just use the game's default settings (which I believe has SS less than 1.0).

I don't have SS on and I'm getting the problem. Even if I crank up the graphics to Extreme I can still tell I'm getting a nice smooth FPS, its only when I turn my head side that this occurs. No head stutter issues in any other games at the moment.