cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arktika .1 puzzle help

riccardo_delpoz
Explorer
I saw on the reviews that someone was stuck in the fist level door searching for the passcode to open it, he gave 1 star to the game that, the password was beside the keyboard in front of him. I just started lauthing, than here I am, stuck in the second level in the door with the password. I found the wall that you need to break near it, but i can't find the password anyway, already spent 20 minutes there i think.. Can someone help me?
GTX 1070 2113ghz PALIT JETSTREAM 😛 |  i5 6500  |  8GB DDR4  | 512GB SSD/1TB HDD 
9 REPLIES 9

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
I can help! If you pick up a tablet on the desk, you will find someone’s identity and email and stuff... I’ll leave you there so you can discover on your own, let me know if you need more!

cybereality
Grand Champion
I spent literally 30 minutes at that door. I had all kinds of wild ideas for the answer. Like there was graffiti on the wall that says "Run While You Can". I was thinking: OK, maybe use the length of the letters in each word as the passcode (3533) but no. Maybe the first letter of each word converted to numbers, etc. I tried to scan the bar code on the wall, all sorts of silly stuff. And it turned out you just had to shoot the wall and check on the damn computer.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
I did all of the same things first!

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
OMG get gud fellas.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

I spent literally 30 minutes at that door. I had all kinds of wild ideas for the answer. Like there was graffiti on the wall that says "Run While You Can". I was thinking: OK, maybe use the length of the letters in each word as the passcode (3533) but no. Maybe the first letter of each word converted to numbers, etc. I tried to scan the bar code on the wall, all sorts of silly stuff. And it turned out you just had to shoot the wall and check on the damn computer.

lol. Yeah, that was a very misleading puzzle because there was no passcode in you area. I just started shooting at things in frustration and found the way out. 

People are giving this game 5 stars but these puzzles are terrible and  they don't fit into a shooting game like this. I hope I  can skip them when I replay the game but I doubt it. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL I got stuck here too, just checking. Thanks for the tips all 🙂
Pretty good game I must say. This engine is pretty fast and gun fights are really good. I am kind of impressed. 

WG1
Explorer

Love this game, big Sci-Fi fan.

Stuck on the Volstok mall sign panel. You "pull here" to slide the panel open to reveal a maintenance panel.

The panel has no interactions. Tried the trigger and top button combo to pinch things, tried grabbing anything that looks like a tab or latch. Nothing happens, and no teleport, had to turn down the frantic action music to think about the puzzle.

Can you save progress on a mission? Had to restart entire mission to continue.

Waleed_Hassanie
Explorer
as much as frustrating it was to solve these puzzles, as much as it was totally worth it.

Fri13
Protege
The second door code puzzle was hard.
The challenge and easiness in this game for those puzzles is two kinds. One is that designer knew that the player is standing in one location and so on needs to be able see all the clues from that one spot, as well operate everything from that spot. What worked with the first door, example as the clue was on your face, and easy to miss. Then there are other small puzzles in same location like hacking a simple circuitry. Very nicely simple.
But then there are some puzzles that requires you to teleport to few different location (be it like connect a cable to three possible sockets in correct order) what will teach you that you need to be prepared to teleport to another location, as the solution can be there instead in that exact spot.

But what makes this second door code puzzle more difficult, is the additional information that is given to you. You have the words "Runwhile You Can" what can be right away interpreted as R Y C to be entered in T9 keycode. Then you start to try different methods, because the first door puzzle was with that same writing, so it must be that. And yet as the lady said over radio "Look something that is out of place" and you look around to see something written or numbers. And you know that it can't be far from your location (like the hacking puzzles and previous door puzzle). 

And the challenge really is, to realize that you can shoot some walls, but not all! As from the start, in the VR training as in any other situation, your shots has never affected any interiors nor objects. The closest to that comes the mission 1 elevator where you shoot through the small openings to keep danger out. Yet you get few moments where you have change to shoot beast through a window, only to see the bullet to impact the glass without any damage. So your brain has been trained from the start to ignore all the environmental as your bullet will not make any damage or effect on those (unless a car window).

So there I was, standing front of the door just like many of you, and I tried to peek through the wall cracks. I saw the cracks, just like above your head on the ceiling and rest of the place that is coming down at any given moment, you see the light behind the room but you just can't see to another room any clues that you would use for the door code. 

Now, the puzzle was not that the room was not easy to find, to see there. But that you should now turn your lizard brains to ignore everything previously has been your learning, the environment in that exact spot will react to your shooting!
You literally stand there trying to peek through the cracks on the wall to lit room, without having any idea that *now* your bullet does something! I even tried couple times shoot through the holes, hoping to blow something behind the wall... 

I would say that puzzle was unfair, but yet excellent based that so simple that can stop you. But that is cheating IMHO. And that makes bad taste to mouth because game teach you the methods and rules like "Environment is indestructible" and yet suddenly on some puzzle you are exatly required to realize that "Rules should be broken".

And while I applaud for clever simple way to make puzzle more difficult, I still find it cheating. Because no previous experience that you could shoot enemies behind the obstacles etc, that you would know the environment can be affected!