cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 No Longer Working

SeaDooSnipe
Explorer
Hi all,
I was away for roughly a week and after getting back my DK2 no longer works. The sensor works, since in iRacing it still tracks the movement. However, the screen is black (power light is blue on the HMD). The screen stays black, with the only exception being it'll flicker a white screen for a fraction of a second when I first attempt to turn on the headset.

I have restarted my computer, reinstalled the Oculus software, did a clean installation of the latest Nvidia drivers, double checked and reseated all connections (as well as different USB ports). 
26 REPLIES 26

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Can you try on another PC ? Maybe it's finally given up ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

SeaDooSnipe
Explorer
Same story with another PC.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sounds like it may be a goner 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

SeaDooSnipe
Explorer
Dang.. That didn't last long. Bought it new in box a few weeks ago (previous owner never even opened the packaging).

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are you on an old Nvidia card? There is an issue now affecting the GTX 780 (maybe others of that generation) where you can get a black screen in Rift. The solution is to install an older driver, 381.89 or 385.41.

Also, if you recently updated Windows 10 to the Creator Update, that could cause a black screen due to the Rift display driver being uninstalled (I actually had this happen to me today on my personal machine). The solution is to go into this folder:
C:/Program Files/Oculus VR Runtime Drivers/Drivers/Monitor
And then right click RiftDisplay.inf and choose install.

If that still doesn't help, run the Oculus installer again and choose Repair.
https://www.oculus.com/setup/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SeaDooSnipe
Explorer
Funny you mention that about the 780, as that is the exact card I am running. I'll revert to older drivers and see if that fixes it.

SeaDooSnipe
Explorer
Reverted drivers and it works as normal now. Thanks cyber!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome! So glad I could help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
Driver 385.41 should also work as well, and is a little newer.