cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARKTIKA.1 User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ml2Miskj84

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
58 REPLIES 58

Siilk
Adventurer
Not interested unless they put smooth locomotion or at least free teleportation in.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Siilk said:

Not interested unless they put smooth locomotion or at least free teleportation in.

That would be really cool, but it’s still a pretty great VR game.

Chewbagger
Honored Guest

I've encountered a situation where the torch attachment works in the Armory but then doesn't work on the Cargo Mission 😕

Chewbagger
Honored Guest
This may be obvious, or maybe not, but did you turn it on by pushing the side button on it?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

5 stars for sure, 6 stars for how hot the assistant is... don’t judge me

Yeh she/it is great and it's obvious the artists/modellers @ 4A had a great time designing her. That ass wiggle  movement though.  😛

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
@Zenbane /skeletor did you blow into the harmonica to get it to work? Nice touch. I would have thought though using the same technique they could make cold breath appear if you are heavy breathing like.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly a series of annoyances at various features in this game caused me to almost immediately put my headset down and request a refund. Firstly I've got to say I wasn't particularly impressed with the graphics; So many trailers made it out to be the "next gen" of VR yet I'd place it well below what Robo Recall or The Lab offer. The animation felt rigid and awkward something more akin to what I'd expect to see in an indie project. The woman driving the vehicle, although high on polygon count (that was one impressive ear hole), seemed to lack any finesse or life. I am an animator by profession and, although this is a personal taste thing, I'd rather see a stylized character full of life than a high fidelity character wallow in the depths of the uncanny valley. On a side note, I was playing on Extreme graphics settings with a GTX1080 so as far as I know I was seeing the best that was on offer. Don't get me wrong though, there were some impressive things. The little coffee cup in the glove box had a nice metal shader and the chunky feel of the players gloves, as well as the presence they provided, felt pretty good.

My next annoyance came when I left the vehicle. I had read about the game being based on "nodal movement" although I had also read it being likened to the movement system in Robo Recall. Sadly it's not the same wonderful movement system of Robo Recall, and is in fact very much Nodal as far as movement location options go. When I realized I'd only be jumping to pre-designated locations, unelegantly indicated by big glowing character models, I was genuinely disappointed.

Finally when I was taking shots with the two pistols, I threw one onto the table and it landed in such a way that I could no longer pick it up effectively getting me stuck. So with that mannequin of a woman staring at me with her awkward head movements and overly shiny eyes I thought, nah, not for me. For what is likely to be a one time play-through using sub-par motion mechanics the game, for me, would be relying entirely on it's storyline. Knowing the metro series it would probably be quite a good story but in those first 15 minutes it had hit some pretty heavy cliche and not handled them with much style, in my opinion.

Overall I'm disappointed, both with the game and myself for becoming such a grumpy old bugger. I obviously haven't given it the time it probably deserves but it frustrated me enough with it's misspent potential that I've been put off.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

5 stars for sure, 6 stars for how hot the assistant is... don’t judge me

Yeh she/it is great and it's obvious the artists/modellers @ 4A had a great time designing her. That ass wiggle though.  😛

That's not a wiggle, that's a "sway"

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Fixed.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Why are there any puzzles in a game like this? They're just annoyances. And it puts a spotlight on how poorly the hand gestures are done. My giant hands struggle to grab those circuit components. 

If they wanted a break from action, maybe have some story videos and audios.

Some nodes are difficult to see and sometimes I miss the node and teleport to  the wrong place.

I recommend doing the practice missions to really  understand what they want you to do with the nodes. 

Does anyone have an issue where their glowing gun sights stop glowing?
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2