cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer
Looking forward to Minority Report.... err I mean Dash :wink:

Looks awesome, I have found it difficult to swap between my desktop and games. When playing ED I need to google stuff sometimes and it's a right pain. This issue has discouraged me from using the rift at times.

Also comms have been a pain, I run Discord, Steam and Whatsapp while playing and every time I receive txt msg, off comes the Rift again.....

I want to put the HMD on and have access to it all and Dash seems to fit the bill.

Cant wait!
15 REPLIES 15

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
I think it's going to be great, and the fact it's going to be an overlay that you can pull up from within any experience takes it beyond what Steam is offering. They've built a powerful base and I think we are going to see a lot of cool stuff coming through in 2018. What would make it even more impressive would be if you could manipulate it with your voice as well as touch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep I am really looking forward to this update as well, going to totally change the Home experience and allow us access to everything pretty much from within it.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
This sounds amazing, what is it exactly?

Are Oculus making this or 3rd party? Is it free or do we need to pay?

It's called Dash?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's called Dash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvP_RI_S-bw

Oculus is making.
Beta in December.
Free update
Yes it is called Dash.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
" Waits paitently for Atmos to yell about walled gardens "

Sounds like it will be an awesome update.
WAAAGH!

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

dburne said:

It's called Dash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvP_RI_S-bw

Oculus is making.
Beta in December.
Free update
Yes it is called Dash.

Awesome!!! Cheers mate! 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

CrashFu
Consultant
Mmm, just rhink how useful this will be in virtual workspaces or artistic programs lime Medium, you could easily use the overlays to access reference material and whatnot.

I wonder how the creator of 'V' feels about this, though?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

CrashFu said:

Mmm, just rhink how useful this will be in virtual workspaces or artistic programs lime Medium, you could easily use the overlays to access reference material and whatnot.

Whats V mate?

Star-lizard
Rising Star

CrashFu said:

Whats V mate?

Here you go   
 http://www.hellov.io

I was on V discord page earlier today and someone actually posted RIP and the link to the dash video