cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARKTIKA.1 User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ml2Miskj84

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
58 REPLIES 58

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
My Review:

Graphics/Performance.
I only played the first mission so far last night before bed but I thought the game was amazing, by default it was on medium settings but I changed the graphics settings to "extreme" and the game seemed to run smooth and looked fantastic with the frame rate issues  whilst running on my "GTX 1060 6GB". No crashes or glitches to report so far, the game seems really well polished.

Physics and Sounds:
I also noticed a few things that other people have already mentioned such as big hands, poor physics in certain areas etc.Also in other games like Wilsons Heart and Lone Echo they have mastered doing things with your hands, like moving objects and inserting objects, and pulling levers etc. In this game the animations for doing these things with your hands isn't perfect, they need to fix a lot of the connections with your hands to objects and the animations. After that I would say I don't really like the gun sounds, I think they could improve them and make them sound less "tiny" and perhaps more base to the gun sounds.

Switching weapons to different hands:
Lastly I have my revolver in my right hand and my default pistol in my left hand but when I tried to switch them other to differant hands I found this difficult, I managed to do this a couple of times by throwing the gun slightly in the air and then catching it, but then I noticed the gun didn't throw or float the same way it does it Robo Recall or Dead & Burried so I think that could be improved on as well.

Holding one pistol with two hands:
I actually enjoyed holding one pistol at once and shooting with one pistol only, to do this I held this pistol in-game using my right hand, and then with my left hand I let go of the left touch controller so that my left hand could support my right hand, which makes for better accuracy and less chance of getting a dead arm.  - The only problem with this? - On my screen in-game there's a hand dangling in the middle of the screen slightly to the left of my gun...lol...so obviously they could fix this? All they need to do is make it so when you let go of the left touch controller the game knows your not holding a 2nd gun and therefore it should put your left hand animation in-game as supporting your wrist on your right hand. - Hope this makes sense. - Really hope a developer reads this and fixes this issue. - It's kind of immersion breaking. - Other games have this feature so this feature already exist.

Final Verdict:
It probably sounds like I've mentioned a lot of negatives but I think these are all small things which the developers could easily fix with a few patches. Other then that I think the game is brilliant, two scenes which really got me nervous was in the elevator when the goblin enemies were reaching in from above, and the giant robot boss scene where I had to shoot its legs and run round the room, that was cool. 

Can't wait to get home tonight and give it a good 2 hours play! 

8.5/10 - so far.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Applecorp
Rising Star
There's one thing that really irritates me, and it's that intrusive sound every time you look at a node you can teleport to. I wish there was an audio option to turn that off.

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
It's worth it.  They have a TON of potential with this game - I hope they expand it with extensive DLC. 
derekspearedesigns.com

cybereality
Grand Champion
I don't mind teleport games, but I did notice the nodes can be hard to trigger. Not the end of the world, but sometimes in battle I found I couldn't teleport, or it would go to the wrong node. Still a great game though, and maybe I just don't understand how the mechanic works.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I don't mind teleport games, but I did notice the nodes can be hard to trigger. Not the end of the world, but sometimes in battle I found I couldn't teleport, or it would go to the wrong node. Still a great game though, and maybe I just don't understand how the mechanic works.

Agreed. It's like there is an invisible cursor bound to the center of the HMD, and you have to look perfectly at the node you wish to Teleport towards. I am hoping that the "collision area" for how this work is increased, so that the player can just look in a more general direction and teleport more seamlessly.

It doesn't bother me too much though, because I enjoy just blasting everyone while standing fully exposed lol

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Zenbane said:

It doesn't bother me too much though, because I enjoy just blasting everyone while standing fully exposed lol

A bit like these guys eh Zen?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

A bit like these guys eh Zen?

I see the humor here, and the gun placement is funny, but the dog placement is a bit disturbing.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Don't worry, those are just gun bitches.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:
Agreed. It's like there is an invisible cursor bound to the center of the HMD, and you have to look perfectly at the node you wish to Teleport towards. I am hoping that the "collision area" for how this work is increased, so that the player can just look in a more general direction and teleport more seamlessly.

Maybe they should allow you to point to your teleport location with the motion controller. 

It's not good when you die because the mechanic is clumsy. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2