cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arktika 1 severe head movement stuttering

Sitruz
Protege
Hi All,

I'm really struggling with Arktika 1. Is anyone else experiencing severe graphics stuttering when moving your head?

I head to the armory and its fine for about 10 seconds, then the stuttering starts whenever I turn my head. I'm not running any SS and have reduced the graphics right down to medium and it still happens.

It looks very heavy on the CPU usage, but its not maxed out. The GPU is having a field day down at low 40+% usage.

I have an i5-4690K, 8Gb RAM and a GTX 1080. 

Cheers

19 REPLIES 19

blazedd
Honored Guest
Not sure if oculus has this option, but as a Vive user - I turned ON always on reprojection and it works like a dream now.. even on extreme. Really strange, but try it out!

Sitruz
Protege

blazedd said:

Not sure if oculus has this option, but as a Vive user - I turned ON always on reprojection and it works like a dream now.. even on extreme. Really strange, but try it out!

I think the Oculus equivalent is always on?

jimmikaelkael
Honored Guest
I seem to have the same issue. I tought it was FPS drops but now I think about it when stutter happens AI does appear to continue to move.
i5 4670K, 16GB RAM, MSI GTX 1060 OCV1 6GB, Win7 x64.

It is very annoying I can't play the game like this...
Anyone fixed it ?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket so we can look into this further. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

AllStarSnork
Honored Guest
I have a Ryzen 7 1800X, Asus Strix Radeon 580 T8G, and 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 RGB. Nothing running in the background. I too have the weird stutter. No other game dares give me trouble. Problem didn't start until the update. I was playing this game since day 1 and then the stutter started and made the game unplayable. broken. progress halted. feel like 'meh', it was a node teleport shooter anyways. yawn.

jimmikaelkael
Honored Guest
What's a shame is that there's no direct support from the studio itself... Not professional at all.
Not much convinced by Oculus support who told me in his latest reply my processor is under requirement when it is an i5 4670K which is above recommended i5 4590...

I have 16GB RAM, a MSI Z97 gaming motherboard and a MSI GTX 1060 OCV1 with 6GB GPU which was sponsored by Oculus itself. I'm starting to loose patience...

A SHAME!

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
You have Windows game mode running? Try disabling that if you have.

jimmikaelkael
Honored Guest

Mace404 said:

You have Windows game mode running? Try disabling that if you have.

Thanks, but I'm running on Win7.

Nhamrx
Honored Guest

What's a shame is that there's no direct support from the studio itself... Not professional at all.
Not much convinced by Oculus support who told me in his latest reply my processor is under requirement when it is an i5 4670K which is above recommended i5 4590...

I have 16GB RAM, a MSI Z97 gaming motherboard and a MSI GTX 1060 OCV1 with 6GB GPU which was sponsored by Oculus itself. I'm starting to loose patience...

A SHAME!

How high are your gpu temp? i haved the same problem until 2 days ago, i think that i solved it!, the cause is related to high temperature or gpu clock throttle, have you tried MSI Afterburner to stabilizie yor clocks and whatch temps?
i played Artika1 whit almost none stutter whit only a gtx 1060 and ryzen 1200x whit oc, i need to do more test with afterburner becouse i am not sure how work, but try to underclock your gpu to 1500mhz and look your temp do not go more than 70c.
Try it! and let me know if it work.

thepathisnarrow
Honored Guest
So I'm running the following and getting severe stuttering at all levels.

Setup:
Alienware R17 v4
i7-4770K @ (3.9GHz running at 2.90GHz, i.e. speedstep)
32GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1080 (driver v. 399.07)

Oculus Settings:
SS : 1.0 (0 if you're familiar with Oculus Tray Tool)
ASW : Off
Voice Commands : Off
Power Options : High Performance
USB Selective Suspend : Off

I am dropping 10k+ application frames and hundreds of compositor frames. It became quite unmanageable to play, honestly, and so I began poking around the forums. Any help is appreciated.