cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.19 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
FEATURES:

• Mixed Reality Capture: The Camera Calibration Tool now handles advanced geometric calculations more efficiently, which is especially useful for 4K mixed reality capture.

BUG FIXES:

• Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
32 REPLIES 32

Conz
Explorer
EDIT: Solved! With 381.89 driver and reconnecting the rift (USB+HDMI) it's working now. (also pressed "detect" in nvidia disply settings, but I think that was not necessary).

I have big problems with the 1.19. I have a black screen, too.
My headset can't be detected: Notification in home:  "We can't find your headset. Please connect your headset".
Was working fine with 1.18. Nothing else changed on my system.
The orange LED in the headset is always on.

Rolled back the NVidia driver to 385.41 and 381.89, but get the same problem there, too. No HMD detected.

windows 10 64bit
Geforce 980

Is there a way to downgrade the oculus driver to 1.18?

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

dburne said:

After speaking to customer support, they told me to rollback the GPU driver.

"Please install the NVIDIA driver version 381.89 from April 25, 2017."

This fixed my issue and everything is back up and running.
Thanks for the help!

Hmm my system updated to 1.19 yesterday and all is well. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers - 387.92 downloaded and was planning on installing today, now am hesitant... I am currently running 385.69 and no issue.

Edit: Went ahead and updated, no issues on my end so far.

From what I read from support on reddit, this issue only seems to affect "older, unsupported" graphic cards.

greets

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Conz said:

EDIT: Solved! With 381.89 driver

Windows 10 64bit
Geforce 980

However - from what I read on reddit, a GTX 980 should not be considered an "older, unsupported" GPU.... thus should not be affected by this issue.

Conz
Explorer

However - from what I read on reddit, a GTX 980 should not be considered an "older, unsupported" GPU.... thus should not be affected by this issue.

Maybe I should have reconnected the rift as the first step, that could have been enought. Will test the latest nvidia driver later again.

simo1000rr
Protege
anyone getting warning msg on the headset with " too many IMU samples lost " after 1.19 update . everything ws fine till this update 

highwayinthesky
Explorer

anyone getting warning msg on the headset with " too many IMU samples lost " after 1.19 update . everything ws fine till this update 

Yep. It's always exactly 36 lost samples, too. I've found the tracking to be unstable, too, my position jumps around when I move. It's easiest to notice when the Guardian boundaries are visible because it gives you a clear reference point, but the instability is constant. Someone else posted with the same problem here. I've been in contact with support, and I'd encourage you to open a ticket as well to get as much visibility as possible.

sweetlife
Honored Guest
Same here. Disconnect problems on HMD Sensors and sound. Also games don't launch when it does say connected.  So is it the update on Oculus side or Nvidia?

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
I can't get this update.  But I'm not sure if I WANT it judging from the above posts.

It downloads for a few minutes, then says the download is queued.
Since October 10, this notification list has been growing with these "Just started downloading" every 5 minutes exactly.

By the end of the day, this notification list is full, I reboot and it clears again and happens all over again.

THe only errors in eventvwr are a service failure with error ID 7024:
The Oculus VR Library Service service terminated with the following service-specific error:
The access code is invalid.

ot4aem8krp3d.jpg

cybereality
Grand Champion
Download the Oculus setup again and choose Repair when installing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer

Download the Oculus setup again and choose Repair when installing.

This fixed it.

I was diving into folder permissions, service accounts and eventlogs.

Sometimes the solution is just that simple.

Many thanks!