Hard work to get some new HMD's to be delivered!
Ordering and payment issues?
You know, "Banks, Credit Cards, Security and OcuXXX" do not really work well....
It's annoying and frustrating, when everything is automated in a ordering system and you can't get help!Got some orders and want to pay for it, money on the account but you can't charge me?!?
So what's the issue then?
Well the credit card (CC) we use has some security settings in the Bank, common practice today (In Sweden I guess..).
So if I pay with the CC on Internet, the card first needs to be enabled for Internet purchase (with my bank app).
Then the card is opened for 60 minutes for transactions to occur during that period!
After 60 minutes transactions are not allowed, and you need to open it again for a new 60 minutes period and so on.....So you can't do that 24 times a day 7 days a week for 5-6 weeks, it's kinda not practical.
When placing an order you enter your CC info and a test transaction is done, all looks good but Oculus do not actually charge your account at this time, it will be done at time of shipment. (And that will most likely be after like 4 weeks..."A long wait")
If Oculus then are unable to charge the CC, order is put on hold and you are asked to change the payment option!
Changing the payment option will not trigger a new try to charge your account directly, but the next try or "time slot" for the transaction to occur! And that is unknown according to Oculus support as it's all automated.
Well you should say, maybe the bank can fix this?
Just open it up for all transactions from Oculus or allow it to be opened for a longer time?
Well Bank says no no, sorry...
Oculus support answer to this issue given to us was ;
"Order it from some one else (a partner) and then cancel your orders!"
Yes that's right, all according to Oculus support...Not Cool!
People tends to gets frustrated getting such feedback after a month waiting on the orders.
Would I recommend ordering anything from Oculus after this....
I guess I will, but it makes me really frustrated! (Just get my money, so I can get the HMD's... Hello!!!!)
I want to call and speak to some one at Oculus, sale support, help desk anyone?
But as you know the only way to get in contact is by emailing support and wait!(More frustration!)Oculus should really try/consider one of those options;
- Option to charge the CC directly at time of order and not needing to wait to have it charged.
- Tell us when the money is to be charged, so you can open up for Internet purchases when it's to charged within an hour.
- In case of failure; Give an option to manually pay, re-trigger the money transfer.
- Let support be able to trigger a money transfer on the order manually when needed. (Guess you need online support then)
So, there might be one last small option left! "Man in The Middle"
- Create a PayPal account
- Change/update your payment options to use PayPal on all your orders.
- Transfer the correct amount of money from your CC to the PayPal Account (Adding your CC wont be enough..)
(Don't know how long the money transfer will take or if you will miss next Oculus time slot for charging.)
- Check that Oculus orders do not have gone in to a "on hold" state again, if so contact support once again!
- Keep your fingers crossed that it didn't delay your orders for another month and that everything works as expected.
- After everything has been delivered, transfer back any money left on your account and then terminate your PayPal account.
Might work, but really!