cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VST Plugin with Rift connected?

stchris
Explorer
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if the VST-plugin connects with the sensors in the rift to adjust for headposition/rotation.
Also is it enough to have the rift on in "standby" mode (when in direct mode) or does the screen have to be turned on.
I tried the plugin in Sonar and it worked perfectly. However the spacialization was not great due to lack of headtracking.

Thanks
Chris
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no headtracking with the VST plugins, it's just designed to help preview a neutral mix. Headtracking might be possible but would probably introduce a lot more bugs/issues/robustness problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"stchris" wrote:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if the VST-plugin connects with the sensors in the rift to adjust for headposition/rotation.
Also is it enough to have the rift on in "standby" mode (when in direct mode) or does the screen have to be turned on.
I tried the plugin in Sonar and it worked perfectly. However the spacialization was not great due to lack of headtracking.

Thanks
Chris

I don't use the rift at all for this.... just a standard pair of headphones.

BTW Brian... Spatial Audio doesn't seem to work well when listening through standard studio monitors... I'm guessing it's caused by frequency cross over interference from each speaker.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headphones are a requirement. Studio monitors are not going to work at all for this (phase interference, room effects, etc.)