cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG?] No looking around with developer mode

motorsep
Rising Star
I don't recall 100%, but I think with Unity app running and having developer mode on in Gear VR service, "head tracking" works fine when moving phone around.

I tried that with UE4 app, and "head tracking" doesn't seem to be working. Camera is static and no matter what I do, it's just stuck looking into one point and doesn't move.

Does it sound like a bug?
4 REPLIES 4

artyom17
Expert Protege
Have you docked the phone into GearVR or just move it w/o docking?

motorsep
Rising Star
"artyom17" wrote:
Have you docked the phone into GearVR or just move it w/o docking?

W/o docking. I thought that's the whole purpose of having developer mode so I wouldn't have to plug it into Gear VR all the time (and putting more wear and tear on the port).

I usually plug it into Gear VR, but I needed to snap a photo of the screen with webcam (since general screenshot snapping functionality hasn't been implemented into Oculus software yet), so I figured the only way of doing it was having it out of GVR in dev mode.

artyom17
Expert Protege
Unfortunately, tracking with undocked phone is not supported by Oculus (and never was). The idea behind dev mode is to be able to see stereo rendering w/o docking, but for tracking you still need to dock the phone.

motorsep
Rising Star
"artyom17" wrote:
Unfortunately, tracking with undocked phone is not supported by Oculus (and never was). The idea behind dev mode is to be able to see stereo rendering w/o docking, but for tracking you still need to dock the phone.

Sounds fair, but then when I plug phone with app running in dev mode into GVR, turn around and unplug it, the view angles get reset to default. As a matter of fact, when I run it in dev mode, view angle on the device don't even match initial view angles in the app.

It's pretty much a Catch 22 situation here 😕