/ Forums
Applications are now open to attend this year's Oculus Connect. Join us October 11–12 and be first in line for an inside look at what’s new and next for VR.

New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Can't Find Oculus Store in Google Play

QTFMateQTFMate Posts: 0

I have not received my Gear VR or the code to get the games, but I've looked and looked in the google play store and on this site ( possibly not enough ) yet cannot seem to find where the store is at all. Is it built into the headset or something? I'll be extremely disappointed if I don't receive my VR and such by the time the deadline is up on 4/20/16 to receive the free games from pre-ordering, partially the reason why I upgraded so early.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Rcknhrd77Rcknhrd77 Posts: 11
    Same here. Most won't receive there gear VR till way beyond April 20. Don't know why they made the deadline so ridiculously short.
  • GSSGSS Posts: 69
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    you can only download the oculus store when a gear vr is plugged into the device. setup instructions http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/skp/faq/1072493 . from my understanding of the promotion when you add your oculus account on a s7 within the time frame the games are automatically added
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,759 Oculus Staff
    So, the software is usually only installed when you dock the phone into the headset. But you may be able to force an install with this trick:

- Go to Google Play Store and download "Quick Shortcut Maker".
    - Launch "VRSetupWizardStub" from the "Quick Shortcut Maker" app.
    - Launch the Oculus app and login with your Oculus account.

Then see here:
    https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/787018501428919/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • WakonTonkaWakonTonka Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Thanks a 10 to the 6th. This worked immediately. Some of the other workarounds were runarounds. Much appreciated CR!
  • Lex66Lex66 Posts: 1
    yeah great worked like a charm/ thanks
  • tondeaftondeaf Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Can you use this app to add Oculus friends?