cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting private app

polysean
Honored Guest
Hello,

Does the Oculus app store have the capabilities to release an unlisted application? And can I submit a locked application that requires a username and password for use?

I am developing a Unity GearVR application for a client. But my client wants to privately distribute the application to their own clients and internal employees, as the content within the application needs to be protected from the public.

Thank you,
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, this is not supported currently. However, you can get the signature files from their phones and add them to a development build. This will allow you to share the app without going through the store, though it may become unwieldy if you need to do this for a large number of phones.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

polysean
Honored Guest

No, this is not supported currently. However, you can get the signature files from their phones and add them to a development build. This will allow you to share the app without going through the store, though it may become unwieldy if you need to do this for a large number of phones.

Thanks for your response.

I am aware of signature files, and this works well for developers. But there may be some circumstances where my client will not have access to their user's phones to gather signatures using adb. And shipping a user's device is cumbersome.

Can I submit an publicly available application to the Oculus store, but after the application starts and enters VR mode, I request authentication in the form of a username and password submitted by the user within my application to protect confidential content?

This content exists on a server and is downloaded by the user after authentication.

Again, I appreciate your support.

cybereality
Grand Champion
As far as I'm aware, you can't ship a private app on the store. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV