cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus Ready PC only has 1 HDMI port

michaelm9945
Sightseer
I connect my Monitor through USB connection and I need to also connect the Rift to a USB port.

I found this Adaptor on ebay. Would this work, so I can connect both the Monitor and the Rift?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181533846519?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

24 REPLIES 24

michaelm9945
Sightseer
This is urgent. Please can someone say it works or it doesn't? I need to know if I should buy it now or not

Buckets
Protege
If it's an actual "Oculus Ready Pc" it should have another HDMI port. look to see if there is any way to access the GPU's ports. Maybe it's hidden behind a plastic shield. 

HiThere_
Superstar
If it's urgent, you should go to a nearby retail shop and ask for the right adapter : You get the right advice, save one day, and if they provide you the wrong product you can bring it back right away for the right one.

But first check the box for adapters (and maybe a phone number), because it sounds crazy an Oculus Ready PC would only provide one HDMI, and even more crazy that you would be the only one to come complain about it.

BJoynt
Protege
Mine only has one hdmi. I'm running one monitor on dvi and a second with a DisplayPort to hdmi. 

DeusV
Honored Guest
Yeah, I bought one of those Oculus ready PC bundles, mine came with a monitor that had a video connector the PC didn't even have. Only 1 HDMI port as well.  I ended up buying an adapter for the monitor and plugging the Oculus into the HDMI port.

in6seconds
Expert Protege
my asus oculus ready pc has two hdmi ports in the back, but only one of them works.

michaelm9945
Sightseer
I found this image on Google that is almost identical to my PC. Can you take a look and let me know if you spot something that 16mhax93fjj5.jpgcan resolve my issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this image on Google that is almost identical to my PC. Can you take a look and let me know if you spot something that 16mhax93fjj5.jpgcan resolve my issue

...theres a HDMI right above the one your using? From what I can make out it has 2 displayports and 2 hdmi.

If you really do only have 1 HDMI then get a cable for your monitor to use display port.

RobHermans
Superstar
The DK2 came with an HDMI→DVI adapter, does the CV1 not have that? Even if it doesn't, go and pick one up and use the DVI output on the video card.