cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 - Logs showing 'Failed to set power mode on NVidia adapter. -175' .... any ideas?

wonderbonk
Honored Guest
Specifically for a GTX980TI - Curious if this is likely to be a GPU/driver issue, or something on the Rift side of things...

Rift headset shows flashing orange light, static/white flickering. Occasionally, after restarting hardware/software, everything works perfectly for a few seconds- but the display flickers/cuts to black with even the slightest movement of the Rift headset. Touching/repositioning the cord has direct impact on blackout, exactly as expected for a faulty or inconsistent connection. 

This connection issue is also present in occasional flickering loss of HDMI connection, and display flicker-on when changing USB3 ports. Rift sensor and other devices work perfectly in all USB3 ports - all USB/GPU drivers up-to-date, no hardware/compatibility issues.
16 REPLIES 16

RobHermans
Superstar
The problem could indeed be the connection of the HDMI cable. If you've not reseated the cable at the headset end yet, I would start there. Also, inspect the video card end of the CV1 cable, check the pins are straight. There have been a few reports of bent pins causing headset failures, even causing damage to HDMI ports on the video card.

If the cable is not at fault, it may be a power setting either in the BIOS or in the OS. Confirm everything is running in "High Performance" mode, and there's not some kind of power saving going on.

If you DO suspect a driver issue, use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and perform a clean install of the latest NVidia drivers.

orcinus
Honored Guest
Getting the same issue.
It wasn't happening on a Radeon Fury X.

I'm getting it since i've switched to a GTX 1080.
Additionally, i occasionally see {!ERROR!} [LifeCycle] Transitions Timeout

Clean install, latest drivers.

UdoG
Explorer

I got the same error today - Nvidia GTX 1080.

Someone solved this issue?

Cytherion
Honored Guest
I'm getting the same error any fix?

I also have a 1080 GTX using the latest Drivers.

It's causes my computer to completely lock up as well and I have to restart

DNACowboy
Adventurer
Me too, this problem has to be resolved.

Windows 8.1 Gainward GTX 1080 (latest drivers)
Who is John Galt?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you all upload the full log zip file?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, got it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

gplaurin
Protege

OK, got it.

Do you have any update for this? I got the error this morning too.