cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 driver error in control panel.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Hi, I'm getting a driver error in my Win 10 control panel for the Rift CV1.

In the hardware properties window there is an error for the Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub and the device status is shown as: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The request is not supported.

Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

I can't say when this error has first occurred as I've only just noticed it, but it wasn't there from the start when I first installed my Rift, so I'd say it has only been recent.

I also have an issue with my rear tracking LED's no longer working, which I already have a support ticket for, but this has happened since then.

Apart from the rear tracking problem the Rift seems to still work OK though.
46 REPLIES 46

al_koval
Honored Guest
Try to disable Power Management for this device. Did the trick for me.
If Power Management tab is unavailable - try to reconnect USB cord again.

zt3gxrhvby0z.png

Dengar
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem, but I don't have a Power Management tab:
txv3z2p0qyma.jpg

Anything else I can do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dengar said:

I'm having the same problem, but I don't have a Power Management tab:
txv3z2p0qyma.jpg

Anything else I can do?

The only workaround I've found (Asus Z97-K motherboard) is;
  1. Restart the PC often works.
  2. Otherwise, uninstall the Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub in device manager, then restart. The Hub always comes back and (so far) always with no error.
I'm almost certain this is a timing issue at the hardware/driver level between the USB controller and the Rift, and probably a nightmare for Oculus to reproduce and fix.

Of course, my problem might not be the same cause or workaround as your problem :(.

[edit]
Of course, my workaround is more fiddly than just unplugging and re-plugging the headset USB, but at least it avoids physically wearing out or damaging the USB plug/socket. Might wear out the rest of the PC though :smiley:

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try installing the drivers for the USB controller. These will typically come from your motherboard vendor.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try installing the drivers for the USB controller. These will typically come from your motherboard vendor.

Doesn't fix it for me, sadly.

SlvWolf
Honored Guest
I managed to solve this issue by reverting Windows 10 to older state. After last (forced) Windows update the XBox controller was not working at all and was seeing the same Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me, the hub issue predates Anniversary update. Neither default Windows Intel chipset drivers nor Asus chipset drivers have any effect. Anniversary update hasn't made it worse.

Very not the same for all users 🙂

maxpare79
Trustee
I just realized I have the same error...been trying all sort of things for a few days now...same wasn't there before the anniversary update
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

clemenca
Protege
Same problem here, usb worked until yesterday, no changes made on the system (w10 prof anniv.), now i have this error to