cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering GearVR to PC.

gmctruck68
Honored Guest
There is an app called "Intugame" that allows me to control my desktop from my android phone(Samsung Galaxy S7). I've rooted my phone, which may or may not have been necessary. I've quarantined the Oculus apks. The picture is not adjusted properly, but I can see the desktop. Connecting with the wifi on the router near me, I'm getting full a signal, but there seems to be a lot of lag.

I've read that the port on the bottom of the GearVR is only for charging purposes. But maybe if I adjust some settings I can make that port work(pass through)? Is there a certain driver my pc needs to be able to recognize the GearVR?

Also, is there a way to connect a mouse or a usb wireless receiver for xbox 360 controller physically? if I plug in my mouse to the phone while the Intugame is open, a cursor does come up that I have control over, but it is not the same one on my pc, it is overlaying on my phone's screen, not able to control the pc. 

One more thing. If I were to locate the file that contains the driver for the cursor that is used while in the oculus home screen. Modify it slightly or replace it with the mouse driver or Xbox driver I have on my pc. Could that potentially work?

Is there an easier way to play games from my pc on the GearVR, with little to no lag?
0 REPLIES 0