cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate VR Developer Mode on Galaxy S7

alap
Honored Guest
I want to activate VR developer mode so that I can have a faster debugging workflow. I have built an app with my osig file onto my Galaxy S7 phone using Unity. Subsequently I also downloaded Sideload VR, verified my osig and downloaded an app.

Despite this, Gear VR Service still keeps telling me I am not a developer when I try to activate developer mode. I'm at a loss; what else can I do? Are there any other solutions or approaches? 
5 REPLIES 5

pjohnsen
Explorer
Having exact same problem. Tried building with unity, building apk with Qt, Sideload VR, building with Android Studio. Two different S7 phones and still always get "you are not a developer" even though my job is being a developer :tongue:

What is the trick to activating developer mode on S7?

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Hi,

Have you gone through the Device Setup section of the Mobile SDK Getting Started Guide:
https://developer3.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/mobile-device-setup/
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

TrevJT
Protege
I had this issue on my S7, even after going through the device setup in the mobile SDK.

The issue seemed to resolve itself after I did "Build and Run" directly to the device from Unity, I also had an update pending in the Oculus app.

pjohnsen
Explorer
@juanoldinho: yes, I've gone through all steps with osig and general android signing. I'm also pretty sure I've had this working earlier ... but unable to make it work after latest oculus updates :S

pjohnsen
Explorer
Finally managed to unlock dev mode, after building and installing mobile sdk 1.04 sample. What a hassle to get it building, totally doesn't work with android studio as docs would suggest. If others come here please see: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/comment/464104/#Comment_464104