cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some help optimizing my Unity, Oculus Rift, project

xXeRoXx11
Explorer
Hi, I'm doing a very important project for me, and I have to present it on one week. I've created a game like "Don't let go" with Unity, obviously with Oculus rift, when I press to play is all right in the screen, but when I put my Oculus glasses on there is like some lag and I don't know how to fix it, any help? Thanks

These are the stats when I press play.
jtul66pmz9wh.png
7 REPLIES 7

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
First off, try making a build and playing that - you'll get a better framerate, because Unity won't be rendering its editor and stuff. Second, try disabling Occlusion Culling on the camera - that can get expensive when it's not baked. Third, I see two expensive things in there - a light (which will make everything it touches render a second time) and 2.1 million triangles - that room to me doesn't look like it should be anywhere near that many triangles.

xXeRoXx11
Explorer

First off, try making a build and playing that - you'll get a better framerate, because Unity won't be rendering its editor and stuff. Second, try disabling Occlusion Culling on the camera - that can get expensive when it's not baked. Third, I see two expensive things in there - a light (which will make everything it touches render a second time) and 2.1 million triangles - that room to me doesn't look like it should be anywhere near that many triangles.

Thanks for your tips, the light is off in game, but we don't know how to reduce that number of triangles, the house and the furnitures were made with sweet home 3D, any idea? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
@xXeRoXx11 I've never used sweet home 3D but those poly counts are pretty massive! Is there no way to reduce the poly count in there?

The only free/most simple way to reduce the polygons I can think of would be using 'MeshLab', load in your model and use Filter -> Remeshing, Simplification and Reconstruction -> Quadric Edge Collapse Decimantion (with texture)

Then reload in your meshes.

zboson
Superstar
Have you implemented Occlusion Culling? This made a huge difference for me. I am using a large CAD model. I set all the objects in the CAD model static and then bake the Occlusion Culling.  From your picture it does not look very complicated so I'm a bit skeptical it will help you but as I said it made an enormous difference for me. Essentially all my lag went away after implementing Occlusion Culling and ATW.

xXeRoXx11
Explorer
All my problems have been solved, thanks you to all 😄 
https://mega.nz/#!odB1TCrD!SRGgMVIo4I22scoRh3taka7GHjQGYTREj5Aa7udtwEA ;
The link of the game, unfinished, just 90 seconds of game

zboson
Superstar
@xXeRoXx11

Could you explain what you did to fix the problem. You should make a new thread about your game (unless you already have. I'm not personally going to download something from mega unless I know more about it.

xXeRoXx11
Explorer
@zboson

I deleted that rug, it had like 1,5M of triangles xd, the link of mega is a RAR of the game, I don't mind if you are not going to download it, it was for the people that helped me to see how is my project going.
Thanks 🙂