/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Ambisonics Starter Pack 1.0 Released

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 20,194 Oculus Staff

Oculus Ambisonics Starter Pack

This constitutes the initial release of the Ambisonics Starter Pack.

Ambisonics is a multichannel audio format that represents a 3D sound field. The Oculus Audio SDK supports first-order ambisonics in the AmbiX (ACN/SN3D) format. For more information, see Oculus Ambisonics in our Oculus Audio SDK Guide.

This starter pack includes several AmbiX WAV files representing various ambient soundscapes, such as parks, natural environments with running water, indoor ventilation, rain, urban ambient sounds, and driving noises.

These files are provided as a convenience for application developers. All files are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License. See the included License.txt for more information.

https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/audio/1.0/Oculus_Ambisonics_Starter_Pack/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• kisterkister Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I'm finding little information on how to implement Ambisonics in unity using the oculus SDK. I want to have  a sphere with an Eqirectangle mapped to it, with the camera at the centre and the sphere to have an ambisonic file playing and the Audiolistener on the camera decode the audio depending on my head position. Does anyone have a resource to see if this is yet possible?
  • kisterkister Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Apologies, I should have mentioned I'm using unity....

• PeterStirlingPeterStirling Posts: 91 Oculus Staff
    Hi Kister,

We haven't released a Unity plugin for ambisonics yet. We are working on a solution right now and will have something available soon.
  • paulcbettspaulcbetts Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    So, since WWise's plugin is Win32 only, Ambisonics effectively do _not_ work under GearVR at all right now, correct?
  • lumacodelumacode Posts: 17
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Hi, any news on when we'll be able to play Ambisonic audio in Unity? Particularly for GearVR?
  • afarinaafarina Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    The Oculus App for Gear VR supports both the old crappy 1st-order Ambisonics (4 channels) and the new, better 2nd-order Ambisonics in TBE (Two Big Ears, 8 channels + 2 head-locked) format, as produced by the FB360 Spatial Workstation.
    Spatial Workstation also comes with an Unity library, allowing developers to easily implement support for 2nd-order Ambisonics, and giving retrocompatibility with old 1st-order Ambisonics.
    Everything is free...