cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colonist A514 Shows the Potential of VR's Future in Education with the Oculus Rift CV1

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzh8lidxIEE

While checking out some new content that showed up in Oculus Home I noticed a demo from back in the DK2 days that I enjoyed had been added to the Concepts section. Colonist A514 was one of those rare demos from the old Oculus Share that really got my mind racing as to the potential VR will have in the field of education. After taking another look at it this time in the CV1, I found that the demo is still really awesome and once again made me stop and think of just how cool the education my kids will receive is going to be with VR added to the mix. If you haven't given this one a look I would recommend it if for nothing else but to see this potential.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
7 REPLIES 7

inovator
Consultant
Hi I loaded this on my cv1 I pressed the b button to start. Nothing happened. I did this in another computer and the same thing happened all other things have worked since june. This one is the only problem

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I couldn't get this to start either.

JohnMaddux
Expert Protege
Are you pressing B on the controller? This one needs you to use the keyboard to start.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Titans of Space and Apollo 11 Experience have already convinced me that VR will be amazing for education.
I'll have to check this one out as well.  Thanks for posting.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

inovator
Consultant
I did b on keyboard no good.

JohnMaddux
Expert Protege
Out of curiosity, did you make certain to have the game window selected on your monitor? I didn't think about that, but it probably needs to be in focus to receive input.

inovator
Consultant
I didnt try that but when I clicked on it in the headset it went to the beginning and said press b button which I did on controller then tried on keyboard