cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch dev question

BDcat
Explorer
Hello,

I'm currently developing a room scale VR game for "the other headset", but we plan to port the game for the Rift as well. We obviously need controller and full positional tracking, so my question is , how many additional sensors for a room set-up do I need? The documentation states that looking away from the sensor can obviously loose tracking, but would two sensors be enough? The game mechanic requires that the player be able to rotate full 360 degrees with about 2x2m play area. 

I placed a request for a Touch devkit, but after 9 days and no answer from Oculus I doubt I'll get a response at all, so apparently we'll need to work with the consumer version at launch. That's a full month delay for us.

There's very little information about developing for room-scale and Touch, so any useful info would be highly appreciated. We develop the game in Unity.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

GtAwyFrmMyRamen
Adventurer
Two cameras should work fine as long as you put them in opposite corners of the room. I've seen countless people do this and done it myself and it works perfectly well.
If you game involves lots of really fast movement and weird body contortions then at that point maybe considers getting one more sensor to avoid little hiccups.
Otherwise developing with two is fine.

BDcat
Explorer
Thanks. Two sensors it is then.