cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logcat errors with platform initialization in 1.10.0

Mitnainartinari
Protege
I get the following errors when I call ovr_PlatformInitializeAndroid (Platform SDK 1.10.0):

E/AudioRecord: AudioFlinger could not create record track, status: -1
E/AudioRecord-JNI: Error creating AudioRecord instance: initialization check failed with status -1.
E/android.media.AudioRecord: Error code -20 when initializing native AudioRecord object.
E/libjingle: [000:108] [1877] (webrtcvoiceengine.cc:1054): webrtc: stereo playout is not supported
E/libjingle: [000:108] [1877] (webrtcvoiceengine.cc:1054): webrtc: failed to enable stereo recording
E/libjingle: [000:109] [1877] (voe_base_impl.cc:371): Init: Failed to set agc to enabled: 0
E/libjingle: [000:109] [1877] (voe_audio_processing_impl.cc:955): SetTypingDetectionStatus: not supported
E/libjingle: [000:110] [1877] (webrtcvoiceengine.cc:1054): webrtc: failed to enable stereo recording
E/libjingle: [000:110] [1877] (webrtcvoiceengine.cc:1054): webrtc: stereo playout is not supported

I'm using FMOD for audio, but disabling FMOD didn't get rid of the errors. I also tried adding a permission for RECORD_AUDIO in AndroidManifest.xml but it didn't get rid of the errors. Everything seems to work fine, but I want to make sure there isn't some case that I haven't considered where these errors can cause problems. Is it alright to ignore these?
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Mitnainartinarian: you can safely ignore those if you're not using the ovr_Voip API.

AudioRecord initialization error is typically caused by the app missing the RECORD_AUDIO permission.  Note that this is a dangerous permission, and if your app targets Android M or newer, it's not enough to add it to the manifest -- you'll also need to request the permission at runtime.