cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

levi777l
Explorer
Quick question.  Lets say I make my app allow vive and rift players in the same space.  What happens with avatars on the Vive end?  Am I allowed to load and show the rift players avatar, to the vive player?
6 REPLIES 6

Toukokuu
Protege
I would also like to know this.

Since VR is a lot about social experience and cross-platform multiplayer is currently important with such a low user base, are we allowed to make few local predefined or randomized avatars for people playing with other devices such as Vive, PSVR or OSVR? Rift users would naturally have their own customized avatars loaded from Oculus services.

This would also help to maintain consistent and decent looking game instead of mixing different types of characters.

pjenness
Rising Star
Cant Vive users use Oculus home???  Or was that still a "hack" to make Vive compatible?
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

Toukokuu
Protege
No they can't. Regardless if they could we cant use Oculus SDK for Steam only devices or PSVR where people would buy games. Parts of the avatar SDK can be however used without Oculus SDK if just use the visuals to gin consistent look.

haskins
Protege
good question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your first instinct was correct. The Avatar SDK does not currently support that
functionality.

john_gwinner
Honored Guest
I know it's an old post - but is this still the case that the Oculus Avatars are incompatible with any other headset?

== John ==