cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entitlement Check

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to this process, so please forgive the newb questions:

What *should* happen when an entitlement check is negative?  Should I set it to quit game, or display a message?  What's the proper handling?  I'm using Unreal Engine 4.14, and I'm following the docs, But I'm using the newer blueprint node and the docs don't seem to suggest what the course of action should be.  It's probably quit game, but what is the norm?

Also, when I set my game to quit when not entitled, my build of course just quits.  So testing the build is not possible?  What's the general process here?
3 REPLIES 3

UmairEm
Explorer
If the user is not entitled to your app. It should inform the user (may show some popup) and then quit the the app.

DunkenKBliths
Honored Guest
Hi guys...

In the same boat...Have implemented the "Entitlement Check in Unreal" - Works as far as I can tell, purely by forcing the "Verify Entitlement" code to True and False... as there is no way to test this on local machines !!

I have gracefully given a "You cant play withs...balh blah" but the Store Reviewer still rejects the app "failed Entitlement checks"...

Not sure how to progress with this...as there is no way to communicate with the reviewer to
know what they see or that they are seeing the message displayed....!!

If you are going to put obstacles in the way of development, we need to tools to test like you do !

Dunk
Dunken K Bliths - Creator of Worlds
■ #Animator ■ #VRDev ■ #Unreal4 ■ #GraphicDesigner ■ #Musician ■ 

DunkenKBliths
Honored Guest
P.S. the report you guys give links broken as well...
Dunken K Bliths - Creator of Worlds
■ #Animator ■ #VRDev ■ #Unreal4 ■ #GraphicDesigner ■ #Musician ■